Hannan's Story

INT. HANNAN RESIDENCE - MORNING

CALEB HANNAN (49) is waking up on his couch while still in his sheriff's uniform. His gun belt is still on and his shirt is unbuttoned, there are several empty alcohol bottles on the table. Hannan sits up and reaches to his coffee table and puts a cigarette in his mouth.

He takes out his revolver and empties the bullets out onto the couch. He loads one round and spins the chamber. He fires it against his temple, the chamber's empty. Sheriff Hannan takes a sigh of relief.

Hannan gets up and walks sluggishly to the bathroom and starts brushing his teeth. He then washes his face, fixes his hair and puts on his Sheriff's hat.

INT. SHERIFF'S OFFICE - RECEPTION - DAY

Sheriff Hannan is walking in, LIEUTENANT ALLEN (61) is waiting. He's a heavyset man with a protruding stomach. He has a white mustaches and wrinkles that look like scars.

SHERIFF HANNAN

Morning Lieutenant Allen.

LIEUTENANT ALLEN

It's noon, you're late.

SHERIFF HANNAN

Sorry, just one of those days.

LIEUTENANT ALLEN

Oh, by the way, Mrs. Ashford's boy is in your office, he wants to talk to you. Do you know why?

SHERIFF HANNAN

Mason?.. No, I don't.

LIEUTENANT ALLEN

(Condescending)

Really, you don't know?

SHERIFF HANNAN

Should I?

LIEUTENANT ALLEN

Who knows, I guess. Just watch what you say to him.

Lieutenant starts to walk away

SHERIFF HANNAN

Okay?.. Maybe one day I'll know what you're on about Lieutenant.

INT. HANNAN'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS  

Sheriff Hannan enters his office and sits at his desk

Sheriff Hannan enters his office and sits at his desk. Hannan sees Mason behind the door.

SHERIFF HANNAN

Morning, I'm sorry about your loss, I knew you're mother well, God rest her soul. If you need anything from me, just let me know.

MASON

I need to know everything you know about the Roulette killer. I need a list of everyone who was a suspect.

Hannan's face changes.