The Granton Motel

I/E

I/E. GRANTON MOTEL - LATER

Mason is pulling into a car park that's almost empty, he parks his truck and picks up a recently bought first aid kit from the passenger seat.  He takes out some bandages and wraps it around his arm just under his sleeve. He gets out some painkillers and dry swallows some, he sits back in the driver's seat and stares at himself in the rearview mirror. 

Mason then gets out of his track and shakes off the limp he had and starts trying to walk normally as he makes his way to the office with the front desk.

INT. GRANTON MOTEL - FRONT DESK - CONTINUOUS 

Mason leans on the desk and takes the weight of his leg, he rings the bell impatiently and waits at the counter. An old man walks out (85), he's bald and wearing denim overalls and a light plaid shirt. He has thick glasses with dry and flaky skin, he looks too decrepit to have this job. But clearly, with the nature of the business, there are not a lot of people that can replace him. 

OLD MAN

What the hell do you want?

MASON

The fuck do you think I want?

The Old Man is getting the register out, as Mason leans in.

MASON (CONT'D)

I want the room with a view..

The Old Man looks at him with cold eyes that stop any other expression on his face. He then puts away the register and gets the keys and hands them to Mason.

OLD MAN

It's number 31, have a good night.

INT. MOTEL - ROOM 31 - LATER

Mason passes the time by spinning the gun on his finger like a cowboy in a western, he lets the metal scrape off the sensitive skin on his fingers and lets his hand get uses the weight of Colt

Mason passes the time by spinning the gun on his finger like a cowboy in a western, he lets the metal scrape off the sensitive skin on his fingers and lets his hand get uses the weight of Colt. He then spends a long time movie a single chair and table around the room trying to find the perfect place for it as he gets ready for his meeting. He settles on the right corner beside the door and positions a second chair at the opposite end of the table.