Visited Upon the Children

EXT. WOODS - LATER

Hailey, James, and Sarah are hurrying through the trees. 

James notices a light in the distant.

JAMES

Stop!.. Do you see that?

HAILEY

A bonfire?

SARAH

It's them, we should go round.

JAMES

We should go right, I think I see another one over there in the opposite direction.

INT. RYKER ASYLUM - HALLWAY

Mason is combing the hallways with the colt. It's dark. Mason stops after seeing a maintenance closet. Mason fires at the ground and then gets in the closet and waits.

Roy comes down the hall slowly with a gun, he walks past where Mason is hiding, Mason shoots Roy through the door.

Roy falls to the ground. Mason comes out and kicks Roy's gun away and holds his colt at his face.

MASON

Do you still need to ask what I needed the gun for? Huh? Roy from the gun store.

ROY

I already knew what you needed it for. I knew who you were before you walked through the door. They'll find you, you'll be looking over your shoulder your entire life.

MASON

Well, at least I know you won't be there.

Mason pulls the trigger.

EXT. WOODS - LATER

Hailey, James, and Sarah continue.

Hailey sees another bonfire in the distance.

HAILEY

Shit, look at that.

SARAH

We'll just go round again, it's fine - It's just gonna take longer getting home.

INT. RYKER ASYLUM - INTERVIEW ROOM

Mason enters a room, the room lights up to reveal a 2-way mirror. Horace is on the other side of it in the neighbouring room, sitting on a bed with Faye asleep next to him. Horace has a knife.

HORACE

Hello, Mason. On the table next to you are pills and some water. You're going to take that pill or this knife will go through her neck.

Mason looks at the pills and walks over to them.

MASON

I'll find a way, I always do.

Mason takes the pill and waits.

Mason falls unconscious.

EXT. WOODS - LATER

Hailey, James, and Sarah continue. They hear someone shouting and laughing in the distance. They sound unnervingly close.

JAMES

Shh..

They stop and listen out, they look around and Sarah sees a soft light somewhat close. 

Sarah heads closer and sees that the light is a candle lighting some paper against a tree.

SARAH