Rude Awakenings

INT. RYKER ASYLUM - CELL #4

James is waking up on the floor as he's being hoisted up by a chain that's locked onto his ankle. He hangs upside down as he notices ROY (from the gun store) cranking the chain.

There's a geared up bear trap with a set of keys on the pressure place before James in the cell.

ROY

Wakey wakey hands off snakey.

JAMES

Where the fuck am I?

ROY

Your favorite place! Ryker.

JAMES

Jesus! Fucking Jesus, fuck fuck!!

ROY

Well, that's a little rude to talk about the place where I was born - Maybe I shouldn't give you this chance to escape.

JAMES

What?..

ROY

Well you see this here bear trap, I've put the keys to your leg binds on the pressure plate.

James sees the keyhole on his ankle.

ROY (CONT'D)

Now, your chance to escape is to try to reach it from over there. Easy right? I spent a long time making the mechanism as sensitive as I could. Adjusting the gears and greasing it to fuck. But I guess you know how sensitive is until after it's gone off. Personally, I'd love to see you do it because I love a tryer. There have been people who've left with these keys but not with their hand in one piece. They bled out before getting back to town, it's a long walk after all. Good luck.

INT. RYKER ASYLUM - CELL #5

Hailey is waking up on the dirty floor, in her underwear

Hailey is waking up on the dirty floor, in her underwear. She's in the back of the cell. The floor before her is covered in glass, rusted shrapnel and used needles.

Andrew is on a chair on the other side of the debris next to the open door. Hailey is trapped behind the debris.

ANDREW

Hello sleepy head, shame I couldn't use smelling salts from all the way over here.

HAILEY

What's going on Andrew? Where are my clothes? Why am I not at the hospital?

ANDREW

You're back at Ryker, I figured I'd introduce you to the family.

HAILEY

Ryker?! What are you saying? Andrew this isn't funny.

ANDREW

You really thought you got away with it. I know we've known each other for a while. But I've not been honest with you about where I'm from.