Enter The Woods

EXT. WOODS - NIGHT

Mason is following the trail while looking visibly frustrated when he reaches another fork in the road. He checks his map with his flashlight and then shines it on the 2 trails.

The air is silent as Mason hears people coming up the trail from behind him. He turns off his flashlight and walks behind a tree and crouches in the darkness. He gets out his axe and waits for the voices to get closer. Mason jumps out and sees Alex, Lewis, Hailey, Sarah, and Erin, they all scream with fright but then they catch their breaths. Lewis is still with the Vodka bottle.

JAMES

Who the fuck are you?!

MASON

Calm down! I'm sorry. I thought you were crazies.

ALEX

Says the guy with the fucking axe?!

LEWIS

How do we know you're not crazy?

MASON

Let's not do this, I'll just leave.

Mason walks on and tries to leave the others behind. 

Erin looks as though she's about to say something before James steps forward to get Mason's attention again

JAMES

Wait, I know you..

Mason Stops and turns around.

JAMES (CONT'D)

You're Mason, I think my brother was in the same year as you.

LEWIS

Yeah, that's right. I used to hear all kinds of shit about you.

ALEX

I heard you nearly burned down the school or something.

JAMES

I heard you punched one of the caretakers.

ERIN

Where have you been all this time?

MASON

My mother got sick during college, I dropped out to take care of her.

HAILEY

What are you doing out here?

MASON

(Flippant)

I'm going to Ryker, I need to talk to one of the Satan worshippers and see if I can find my father.

Erin notices what Mason says, she looks conflicted as she wants to speak up but can't.

JAMES