Chapter Five

Is anyone still reading this here haha?

-

Harry and Jade didn't talk to each other for days, they were avoiding each other. They both tried to forget the pain, but it was impossible to ignore it. When the two of them had a lecture together, they always tried to sit as far from each other as possible. And of course, Jade and Harry's friends had noticed that something had happened between them. But both were too stubborn to talk about it. Of course, they regretted the words they had thrown at the other's head. But both were hurt, deeply struck by the words.

After a few days, Harry actually wanted to go to Jade and apologize to her. The silence made them both sick, they hardly slept. They were so in their lessons, that they could barely concentrate and sometimes they fell asleep. It was terrible, but they missed each other incredibly. No one would have thought that they would fight this badly. But if only their first fight escalated so badly, how would it look like after other fights? Jade was afraid that their relationship wasn't strong enough for such a thing.

But this situation gave Harry a good opportunity to continue writing his songs. Yes, Harry wrote songs. He did this for several years. It was a way for him to get away from his life sometimes. It was like another world, making Harry forget all the grief and worries. But he didn't publish them, or did he really show someone. Except for Jade, he once sang a song for her. And she was blown away, because the song was not only wonderfully written, no, Harry's singing was exceptionally beautiful. Deep, gentle, calm and yet a bit scratchy. Jade had never heard anyone sing so beautifully. She had tears in her eyes when Harry had presented the song to her. She was touched by the words of the text and Harry's angelic voice. However, after receiving constant compliments from his girlfriend, Harry was still not satisfied with his lyrics. He always thought that they were never good enough.

Harry lied in his room with a book in his hand when suddenly his best friend Louis rushed in. "We have to talk, Harold!" Harry grimaced when Louis used the nickname. He didn't like it. And Louis used it only when it was serious or when he just wanted to annoy Harry. He groaned and put his book away. He knew what would come next. He sat down cross-legged and leaned against the wall at the head of the bed. Louis sat down in front of him, also cross-legged.

"What's going on between you and Jade? What happened? And don't you dare to block again!" Normally Harry tells his friend everything, but this time it was more complicated. He just couldn't and didn't want to tell Louis. As soon as Harry came home after the fight, Louis asked him what had happened. But then Harry simply shrugged and locked himself in his room. Maybe he didn't t really want to admit is, but he was ashamed. Jade and his relationship was always perfect, they never had problems.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair and sighed softly. He didn't immediately start to talk, he hesitated as he played around with the hem of his sweater. "We argued on our anniversary." Harry looked into Louis's face to see his reaction. He had expected Louis to be shooked up, but he wasn't. It seemed more like he had already thought so.

"Oh, Harry," he sighed. "I had already guessed more or less." He put his arm around Harry, trying to comfort him. "What was it about?" Louis asked carefully. Harry tried to swallow the lump in his throat. "I made a false comment and then everything escalated, but-" Harry paused for a moment to take a deep breath. "The real reason was that Jade wouldn't let me in and still can not trust me. I mean, after three years of relationship, is that believable?"

Harry swung his hands up in defeat. Just saying those words attacked his heart, made his body shake. Louis hugged Harry to show him he was there for his friend.

"But why do you think she doesn't trust you enough?" Louis asked after a few minutes of silence, in which Harry tried to not burst into tears. "She still has secrets from me, and we all know she's depressed because of the book, but she always lied to me and didn't trust me. She has changed, Louis, she does not let me get close to her. " Now, Harry couldn't help shedding a tear. It hurt Louis to see his best friend like that, so he pulled him into a bonecrushing hug.

"Just talk to her. You both have to speak about it, Haz.", Louis said as they broke away from the embrace. Harry nodded softly, wiping the tears from the corner of his eye. "Thanks Lou." Harry whispered. Louis only stood up grinning sadly. "I can't see how you two avoid each other. You're meant for each other. I'll be going to Thomas, call me if you need anything."

Harry nodded as Louis pulled him into a short hug. "It'll be fine!" Said the Doncaster and left Harry's room. Harry sat on his bed for a few more minutes before his eyes fell on the album Jade had given him. A small smile, even if it was sad, formed on his lips. And when he leafed through this album, he lost a tear or two. But he now knew how he would get Jade back.

-
Jade was surprised when Harry sat next to her at a lecture the next day. She hadn't expected that at all. But she couldn't deny that it caused a wave of happiness in her. Confused, nervous, but happy, she looked at her biyfriend. He gave Jade a small, but also nervous grin. Immediately she had to think of the first meeting of her and Harry, and a small laugh escaped her mouth. Confused, Harry looked at his girlfriend, but when he felt like a Deja-Vù, he knew what Jade found so funny and had to smile as well. But then they both focused on the lecture, but just before it was over Harry shoved a little note over to Jade.

Excited and with trembling hands, she unfolded the note and had to remember the day when Harry questioned her about her first date. Jade glanced over at Harry, but he didn't return her gaze. She could see that he was nervous. Because Harry hewed on his lower lip and played with the pen in his hand. Jade looked at the note and her heart jumped when she saw Harry's neat handwriting.

Conscience plagued with guilt.
Heart plagued with pain.
Head plagued with worry.
But my love for you is still the same.
So Jade, my dearest, do you forgive me?

Jade's heart stopped for a moment and she looked over at her boyfriend, who looked at her worriedly. Gently, Jade smiled at him to calm him down. She then took her pen and wrote: Yes, my love. And gave it back to Harry, who grinned widely when he read the answer. He kissed Jade's cheek and asked her to meet with him after the lecture.