Chapter Eight

Harry was awakened with kisses all over his face and the smell of fresh tea and bread. As he slowly opened his eyes, he saw his beautiful girlfriend in front of him.

"Morning," she whispered with a gentle smile. And honestly Harry lived for those moments. There was nothing better than waking up in the morning and seeing his beautiful girlfriend smiling, especially after such a terrible evening. Harry rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, then he kissed Jade's lips for a second and scrambled out of bed.

"I made breakfast," Jade said as the two of them walked into the kitchen together. But suddenly Harry remembered that he and Jade actually had a lecture. Not even Louis was still there. Jade laughed softly when she noticed Harry's startled expression. "I've called us sick for today, I think we need that day for us.", She said, getting quieter at the end. Harry kissed her cheek. "Thanks, babe, I think we really need it."

After the two had breakfast, they sat together on the couch and watched their favorite sitcom The King of Queens. "I've finished a new song." Harry mumbled as he ran his fingers through Jade's soft hair. She immediately looked at her boyfriend. "Can I hear?" She asked. Harry hesitated, licking his lip. "I can show you if you really want to." He shrugged his shoulders, but Jade nodded radiantly. "Please!" And so Harry began to hum a melody softly before finally singing:

Meet me in the hallway.
I just left your bedroom,
give me some morphine.
Is there anymore to do?
Just let me know.
I'll be at the door, at the door.
Hoping you'd come around
Just let me know
I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out
I gotta get better, gotta get better,
And maybe we'll work it out
...

Jade was absolutely amazed by the words. Harry had so much talent, it brought tears to her eyes. She hugged Harry tightly and sniffled. "Your voice is fabulous. I love you so much. You have so much talent Harry!", She told her boyfriend in his ear. He was touched by the words of his girlfriend and kissed her. "I love you so much!" He whispered against her lips and made her shine.

"You have so much talent Harry, honestly!" Harry just blushed and shook his head. "I have no talent, I'm okay," he murmured and honestly Jade could have slapped him for that. How dare he say that? He could write wonderful songs, use words in a wonderful way. And his voice was even better. He was born for it. Not like Jade. Because apparently she has to write badly if her book was so unsuccessful. Her mood suddenly changed, and she hated herself for being so sensitive about the subject. Harry must have noticed her change in mood as he asked her, frowning, if everything was okay. Automatically, Jade nodded her head without hesitation.

But Harry had seen through her immediately. A sigh escaped him. "Don't lie to me, Jade, please," he pleaded, ruffling his hair to adjust it a bit. Jade bit her lower lip with an aching heart. "I'm sorry!" She whispered with sparkling tears in her eyes. Harry reached for her hand, gently enclosing it with his hands. "You don't have to apologize, it's fine. I just wish you would tell me what's going on," the curly-haired man said softly. Jade leaned her head against Harry's shoulder. For a few minutes it was quiet, while Harry tried to calm Jade by stroking her arm. When Jade finally scrounged her courage, she said in a shaky voice, "It's still because of the book, I don't why it's still dragging me down."

Gently, Harry pulled his girlfriend closer and kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry, babe. But please do not doubt yourself. You can write wonderfully, you have talent." Jade shook her head with tears in her eyes. Harry's words had warmed her heart, but she just couldn't believe that they were true. "But if I was so good, why did my book fail?" It was the first time ever that Jade was talking about her failure. The whole time, she hadn't really opened up on this subject, because it gnawed at her immensely. But it was time, she couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Everybody has bad luck. Even top authors have their difficulties with failures, but please, don't think like that!" Jade took a deep breath, otherwise she would have started to cry. "You don't understand," she whispered, staring at her fingers, which were united with Harry's. "I'm sorry, honestly. But please never stop writing, you have so much talent. "

Then there was silence again. Jade thought about her book, went over each page and wondered why it had failed. After the failure, Jade had stopped writing. She had also stopped reading the works of others, except the reading she needed for university. She simply couldn't read the success of others if it didn't work out for herself.

"I'm not writing at the moment, and I'm not reading anymore.", Jade finally said. She could hear Harry sigh. "I knew it. Didn't even see you at your works." Harry then removed his arms around Jade and sat down opposite her to face her. Then he saw a tear run down Jade's cheek. He quickly wiped it away.

"You know Harry, it's a dream that has burst. I've dreamed of landing in the bestsellers since I was little, seeing my works at the top, but hardly anyone reads my lousy stuff. I put so much work in it, so much! How can I bear writing when I'll always be remembered of this failure? " More and more tears ran down her cheeks and it broke Harry's heart to see her so suffering.

"But it was your first book, maybe you were expecting too much. I read how wonderful it is, but you can't stop completely! Because if you give up, you will never get the chance again to get more succes! Listen, angel, I believe in you, you can do it and I can always help you, please, don't give it up, you've already come so far! "

Jade's heart pounded unbearably in her chest. She said nothing, just let the tears run and threw herself into her boyfriend's arms. "I'm so sorry, I love you so much.", She sobbs. Harry ran his hand over her hair and showered her with little love whispers. When they kissed, Harry tasted the salty tears of Jade, but that just made him out oven more love for Jade in the kiss.

"Never leave me!" Jade whispered into the kiss. "I promise you!" Harry replied.

-

To distract Jade from her unfortunate thoughts, Harry went for a walk with her. They walked through the streets of London. Their hands were united and Jade was simply guided by Harry. "Are you feeling better?", He asked after some time, as the two had crossed a traffic light. Jade nodded and this time, she didn't lie. And Harry knew that too and kissed Jade's forehead with a gentle smile. It wasn't long before the couple arrived at a playground. Jade stopped abruptly, wanted to see the children. Wanted to be infected by their carefree joy. A grin crossed Harry's lips as he realized how absorbed his girlfriend was in watching the happy children. He then wrapped his arms around Jade's waist and whispered in her ear. "Do you want to have children too?" Jade was immediately shaken by goose bumps.

She and Harry had never addressed the topic of 'kids' until that moment. But both knew that they wanted to have children with each other.

Jade nodded slowly, still absent. Harry then distributed gentle kisses to Jade's neck, but Jade pulled back with a grin. "Not in front of the kids!" She said outraged, but giggling and just made Harry laugh. But then they both became serious as their laughter slowly died.

"Do you want to have children with me someday?" Harry asked suddenly, hoping that Jade wouldn't break his heart. But she just approached him and whispered in front of his lips: "Of course, I want to see little Harry and Jade's running around in our house." Harry beamed with sparkling eyes and happily kissed his girlfriend.

-

soft :,)