PART ONE: QUICK INTRO

HEY GUYS

My name is yelitza Rodriguez. I'm 19 years old now, and just recently, on December 7, 2018, I officially became a United states Marine.

Do you know how good it feels to accomplish something like THAT in life?

A-MAZING

The marines is supposed to be the most toughest branch out there, nearly impossible for women 'cause its that hard.

Did you in know?:

"As of 2016, women make up 8% of all active enlisted Marines, and 7.5% of active Officers. These numbers give the Marine Corps the lowest ratio of women in all of the U.S military branches."

-wikipedia

But less than 1% of the women population (or something like that...I should have paid attention in those classes in bootcamp) become marines.

And me, of all people, a tiny, short ass thin girl, who looks like she's 10 years old...made it. I made it and i gotta say-it wasnt easy. So, I'm definitely proud to say that I'm a marine.

But just like in all branches, the marines isn't all perfect. It isn't all that great. Only because of sexism, sexual harassment, etc. I hear a lot of negative things about the Marine Corps, but these are things that you, unfortunately, experience in every day life. Weather you're in or out of the military, there are always going to be guys who mistreat women simply because of our gender.

So far, I haven't been mistreated by any man at all. But, I mustn't speak too soon. I've only started my career so I can't speak entirely on these problems in the Marines.

SO

if you guys have any questions about the military, specifically the Marine Corps because I'm a Marine, you guys can ask me through here :)

Now, I won't always be available because I still have a lot more training to do but I won't be gone for longer than a month. There are some things that we do in training that requires us to store our phones away for long periods of time, but eventually we get out phones back.

And writing down what I do in the Marine Corps, and my experiences in life while in the Marine Corps is something I can definitely write about any time, all the time.

And I feel like writing about the Marines will be a better way for everyone to truly understand what we do in the Marines, and what we do for our country, if you are ever wondering about joining.

So I'll be writing about EVERYTHING I did so far in the Mariners, knowledge about the marines, etc. Anything and everything haha.

Remember, be patient with me because I won't be able to update all the time or respond to you guys because I'll be busy. But eventually, I will get to you!

Xoxo

-PFC Rodriguez