Chapter 12: Second Strike

Being pushed into the ravine, Mack and Morgenthau moved their heads and thought of immediately escaping Lola from the Truck. The driver kept thrusting as the red Corvette's back wheels stepped on the edge of the cliff. Mack was too nervous as he knew they were about to fall. Morgenthau noticed the Peterbilt's strong radiation at this time. He was very terrified to see it.

" It's emitting too much nuclear energy!" the German-Swiss man exclaimed. " We're also falling down to the cliff."

" Can't get outta here!" Mack mumbled as he felt the sudden pushing. Until, they fell into the canyon. Suddenly, an invisible Quinjet came to rescue them as Lola seemed levitating from the clouds. Mack and Morgenthau were surprised to see this happening. Then, they safely landed on a wildlife preserve. Finally, Lola and the two men saw some people stepping out of the Quinjet. They seemed to be happy that they rescued someone in distress.

" Yo amigos!" the Hispanic young man greeted. " We saw you got in big trouble over there!"

" Jackal? Armanhammer? Chief?" Mack raised his tone in his surprise.

" Thanks to Agent Coulson, he instructed us to rescue you and permitted us to use the Quinjet." Armanhammer replied. " You have been chased by those evil truck drivers."

" Ja, those evil WITCH agents have been after us! They have that nuclear explosive inside that truck!" Morgenthau nodded.

" I sense it! It's going to explode any minutes from now!" the native American warrior named Chief answered. " Those people want to destroy anyone within their hands."

" Hey, maybe you three can help us stop it." Mack said as he saw the truck coming on their way.

" It's too dangerous, but we'll try our best to do it." Jackal nodded.

Suddenly, a black Cadillac Escalade parked on the reserve, as team DJNPR went with Mack and the others. They quickly approached them.

" Sorry, we're late!" Jaune anxiously panted.

" We helped those tourists earlier." Ren added.

" Pyromaniac, Y, and Coulson lost their contact with you." Nora said.

" That's why they communicated us instead to search for you two." Polarity nodded.

" The truck's nuclear reactor is running in less than 15 minutes." Daisy warned. " Neither can survive." She saw the other three men from the Quinjet and said. " Mack, you brought Jackal and his friends here?"

" No, they just arrived here as Coulson assigned them. You know him?"

" I met Jackal back in Los Angeles with the MIBs for their search for Y."

" Okay, I get it." Mack said and noticed the truck approaching. " Everyone, we're going to destroy that monstrous vehicle! Daisy, bring your team to divert the truck. Armanhammer, create an ambush along with your companions. Karl, use your ice powers and smash everything... Karl, are you paying attention?"

" Ja, it's just I've connected my phone! It's free WI-FI zone!" he grinned.

" We have no time for that and face this monster, right now!"

The truck was reaching towards Morgenthau as it could try to crush him. Suddenly, some tremors, magnetism, blazing energy, gunshots, and arrow targeting prevented it in doing so. The German-Swiss man was safe, however the truck went into a different direction as it broke some cobra cages. The snakes and cobras freed themselves and crawling away.

"NO! IT CAN'T BE! My snakes! " the wildlife preserve owner cried. " They're endangered species! The New Mexican Ridge-nose Rattlesnakes, they're extremely rare! " He instantly drank his coffee from his tumbler and took his Thermos. He was targeting the truck as Jackal and Armanhammer called his attention.