Chapter 8: Plans and Marraiges

Chapter 8:

€¥€ Plans and Marriages €¥€

• Princess Maha's P.O.V •

'My eyes widened, "WHAT?!" Just when I thought this day was going phenomenally well.........'

My ankle bracelets and body jewelry echoed through the large halls of the palace. The wind from the glorious wide windows made my white head-shawl and long floral-blue skirt dance behind me as I made my way towards my parents assembly room.

"Princess Maha! Please calm down. You can't behave like this-" Riza's voice trailed behind me as she struggled to catch up with my long strides.

I didn't pay any attention to her nor her words. My blood was boiling as I remembered Omari's words and the beautiful matching couples outfit we had worn. Although I had endured last nights celebration and tried to keep calm about this matter, I can no longer hold it in. It was time to address this matter with all formalities aside.

I approached the massive double doors that symbolized the entrance to the King and Queen. It was guarded by two heavily armed guards.

"I demand that you open these doors! I must see my parents, right now! This is an urgent matter, with my entire future at risk." I said with my arms folded, daring them to refuse me.

"Forgive us, Sovereign Princess." Both guards bowed deeply. The one on the right who was more muscular and short spoke; "We've been given strict orders to let no one in till the meeting is over. Unfortunately, we can only ask you to be patient and wait."

"Wait?! I'm sorry but since when do I ever wait? Oh right, Never! I need you to go in there right now and tell them to cancel this outrageous and irrelevant meeting!"

I stomped my foot on the ground causing my ankle beads to clink together. Yes, I was throwing a tantrum, it was my way of expressing my anger and getting what I desire.

"Princess! I'm appalled! This is not the lady I spent my life raising, you need to calm down right now or else I will retire. I will not have you act as a child in my presence." Riza said staring me down.

I returned the heated stare right back but I couldn't deny the truth in her words. I loved her too much to make her leave over my childish attitude.

"I understand you are hurt but please be patient and do not react with anger." She said as she gripped my hands.

I nodded in understanding. I took several deep breath and released it. "Tell me when the meeting is over."

Riza released my hands and nodded. I walked towards the main garden which gave a marvelous view of the waterfall and sat on the swinging pillowed chair to ponder on how to address my parents. It was easier to get my point across in anger versus being calm & collected but it never went well either way.

My parent were unpredictable and believed they knew what was best for me. But it really wasn't that way, they loved the kingdom more than their own children.

A few moments later, Riza came. "Princess Maha. Your parents are waiting for you."

I got up immediately and, again, headed towards the King and Queen. The butler announced my arrival.

"The Sovereign Princess Maha has come to seek your presence, Your Majesties."

The two guards began opening the tall and wide golden double doors. I rolled my eyes at how they strained to push the heavy doors. Their muscles were just a disguise, these men were really weak.