Chapter 5: Mystery at the Marketplace

Chapter 5:

€¥€ Mystery at the Marketplace €¥€

• Prince Taharqa's P.O.V •

"Princess Maha is in her room getting ready for tonight's ceremony, my Lord." Says my advisor Haji.

After hearing those word, I felt as though a heavy weight had been lifted off me. My tiger was back and, judging from the joyous crowd from earlier, she had fought hard and won the hunt. I was proud of her.

"That's wonderful news Haji. If only I could see her....." I sighed while running my hand through my dreads. I could demand to see her but that was looked down upon, it'll seem as though I was abusing my powers. Being a Prince came with a lot of burdens... it was strictly responsibilities before family.

"You shall see her soon, Prince. If your heart desires, I could schedule an appointment with her for you tomorrow although it would be a setback on your Agenda."

"Of course it would." After thinking over the tiresome situation, I replied. "No need to set up an appointment, I shall meet my sister on my own exemption. I don't need a scheduled time to see her."

"Forgive me, your highness. I should have never proposed that idea. But my Prince, It is almost time to meet Sir Urian (you-ri-an), shall I prepare for your departure?"

Lately, there was a strike among the farmers about the low income they're receiving for their labor. They had cut off all the food supply and demanded an appearance from the royal family. This was a major problem because that meant that food wasn't circulating through to the people. As a Prince, it was my job to settle these matters that disturbed the balance. Hopefully I would find a solution after meeting the representative of the farmers.

"Go ahead Haji." I replied, dismissing him with a wave of my hand.

Going outside the palace was a very dangerous task. Just as there was plenty of virtuous and honorable people, the same could be said for the despicable and loathsome people. It was a big crime to abduct any of the royal family. In fact, it was treason but that didn't stop foolish hoodlums from trying. Having said that, the only way to keep that from happening is to go under cover and dress as a merchant or whatever idea presents itself to Haji.

My body ached from the intense training but it was tiresome sitting around and waiting. Getting up, the air fanned through the room making my robe flutter behind me. With the breeze came; lovely smells of food and something delightful that I couldn't quite figure out.

Walking toward the blue and gold balcony, I peered down at the burst of activity below me. All around people hustled up and down going on about their merry ways. I couldn't see much past the magnificent white and gold gate but from the little glimpses I caught, it seemed the village was also very lively.

I smiled knowing Riza had Maha in captive. 'She is probably sitting there complaining. Maha is such a spoiled baby.' I mused to myself. My smile turned into a frown when I spotted Liama and her gossiping maids heading towards Maha's purple and gold chambers. 'What could they possibly be up to?'

"My Lord, it's time." Haji informed me.

£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢£¢

"......Bolanle(Bó-lahn-lé)!!Bolanle!! Myza(My-zah)!! Myza!! Where are these daughters of mine? Hana, where is Bolanle?! The óbè(soup) is burning.......!!" A nearby mother screams as she runs towards, I presume, the kitchen to rescue her burning Óbè.