Chapter One

Hello, everybody,

Welcome to my first Muse short-story. Well, actually it's a one-shot in two chapters, but let's start with the first one.  (If the reaction from you is pretty good I'll update the story).

I'm still new to the Muse-Fandom although I've been following the music for a long time.  So please don't be so strict with me.  I am always open for tips and tricks.
English isn't my mother tongue (I'm from Germany) so I had a little help from deepl.com.

XO, fiktiongirl.

P. S: the pic I used is from Dom's instgram.

======

"How old are you anyway, Josefa?"

"Mattey, you don't ask a woman that!"  Elle lovingly pats her fiancé's hand and smiles apologetically.  I shake my head.
"Don't worry.  I'm 25" I counted on everything, spitting water across the table to total ecstasy.  But he only looks at Dom, who has his jaw falling down.

"And I thought we were far apart, but you win at the age of 16," laughs Matt now.  I look at Dominic in horror.

"Wait, you're 41?"

"And you 25, Josy?"

"I thought you were 33!"

"And I thought you were 28!"

"You've never talked about your age?!"

"No," we both say in unison.  I look at Dominic and he at me.  We had never clarified how old we are.  "It never played a big role,' I continue.

"Does it do that now?" Does it? Or does it not.  Of course it's different now, isn't it?  I mean, that's 16 years.  16!  He could be my father if he had started early.  No, I do not want to imagine that.  No.

"Elle, dear, let's look after Bing."  The two of them leave the room and give us a few minutes to set the information.

"Josey...Josefa," he grabs my hands, has turned around to me on the chair and looks at me with his blue eyes.  He stutters, looks for words and finally gives up.  We look at each other.  I hope he can see in my eyes what is going through my head.  I look at him, think about our moments together and suddenly I am sure.

"No, it doesn't matter to me," I whisper, stroking his cheek, 'even if it doesn't matter to you either."

He begins to smile and presses a kiss into my palm.

"I didn't care until now and won't care in the future."

"Would anyone else like some wine?"

Without waiting for the answer, Matt pours us in.  "What kind of game did you play with Bing?  He was totally thrilled."

"It's a card game that I've always played in my childhood.  I have no idea if this is a German game or not, but it's called 'UNO'".  I try to pronounce it again in English, but it sounds very strange.  I feel Dom's hand on my thigh stroking it briefly.  Whenever I'm unsure about words or explanations, he encourages me with little gestures like this.  "Uno?  It sounds like Muse's first album, " Elle laughs and drinks wine.  Matt and Dom exchange a look that I can't interpret.  "Muse?" I think hard.  Something in my head rings.

"Yes, don't you know them?" She grins in a really amused way.

"No, Muse... Muse, but that tells me something.  Oh, those were the ones with the Sesame Streets - memory move,' it remembers me again and I grins at the memory of it.

"What?" the two gentlemen look as if they had seen a ghost, which makes me laugh.  Elle joins in.

"They had, um, no idea how many years ago, a massive hit in Germany and in the video, which I have seen only a few times, the guy makes such a strange movement.  It looked like a couple of dolls in Sesame Street.  First the head to the left jerky and then to the right.  At the Sesame Street the dolls had danced so similarly.  When I told that to a friend, I had ruined both the song and the video."