Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Recap:

"We will now start The lunch intermission so students and spectators can enjoy themselves and the booths while we set up the stage for the final event! The final sixteen competitors will be... Noriko Sachiko, Hitoshi Shinsou, Todoroki Shouto, Kirishima Eijiro, Bakugou Katsuki, Izuku Midoriya, Tokoyami Fumikage, Mina Ashido, Denki Kaminari, Ochaco Uraraka, and Hanta Sero from class 1a as well as Monoma Neito, Itsuka Kendo, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Kosei Tsuburaba, and Ibara Shiozaki from the hero courses 1b! See you after the break!" Midnight announced loudly before walking away to set up for the next round.

Resume:

3rd pov

"Hey, blondie!" Noriko shouted, waving her crutch above her head. Bakugou Katsuki looked up at her. The way she had won the capture the flag competition scared him, not enough to dwell on for long but still, she didn't even lift a finger, just sat there and won. She didn't need any of the rest of them except as a distraction. He felt just a little bit used, though mostly he felt proud. Very proud that this adorable brilliant girl was something he might classify as being an almost friend. "Do you wanna come have lunch with me!?" she shouted holding up her lunch box and pointing to the arena. "There will be less people out there!"

"Sure shrimpy"

"HEY!" she shouted, her cheeks puffing out in annoyance. "Whoa!" she exclaimed as he swiped his hands under her back and knees, opting for carrying her to the arena to eat instead of slowly walking with her by his side.

The arena was mostly empty when they got there. Almost all of the spectators had gone out into the fair area of the festival to buy lunch or have a picnic on the school grounds, and the students were in the cafeteria or classrooms eating their lunches. So it was just them, Cementoss and Midnight who were setting up the platform for the one on one tournament, and a couple spectators who had brought food with them but nobody to share with and were just eating in the stands.

"Are you excited for the third round?" she questioned.

"Yeah" he grumbled, opening his bento and investigating its contents.

"Is there anyone you want to go against?"

"yeah"

"Who? me?"

"I wanna beat the shit out of that fucking Deku, and the half and half bastard, seeing gravity freak beg for mercy might be interesting" he said his face darkening in evil excitement and hands sparking at the thought of beating his classmates till they bled "the brainwashing extra needs a good knockdown too, and the class B bastard with that fucking face" he started to growl loudly.

"Sounds like you have a good idea of your enemies, that's a good thing" she commented thoughtfully, taking a small piece of sugared rice into her mouth quickly followed by some curry sauce and water. "It's important to know who your biggest competitors are in order to take them down, you need to know a lot about someone and find their weaknesses and strengths" she sounded like she had a lot of practice in taking down enemies if she knew this much, it brought back that worried feeling from before. "At least that's what my dad says anyways!" she finished brightly.
"Eehh, and who's your dad short stack, a hero? I bet he ain't even that great"

"My dad is the leader of the JSDF, he's super strong and really smart too, he's how I learned a bunch of tactics for fighting and how to fight opponents bigger than me, we practiced a lot when I was a kid and I got to watch him plan for missions" she seemed very proud of her father in every way possible, it made him jealous. All he did was fight with his parents and call his mom an 'old hag'.