Chapter 7

Tom's POV

*At the meeting*

I was not paying much attention to the meeting at all. The only thing I had on my mind was
y/n. And yes I know that is very cringe of me but I don't really care. I'm falling really hard for this girl and she doesn't even know. I was quickly snapped back to reality by my manager.

Manager- so does that sound ok Tom?
Tom- does what sound ok?
Manager- you weren't really listening were you?
Tom- to be honest with you I wasn't.
Manager- the producers want you and Zendaya to date.
Tom- whattt?!?!
Manager- it's to promote the movie and you fan base wants it to happen as well.
Tom- but-but now offence Z but I don't like you in that way.
Z- that's ok. I don't like you like that either Holland.
Tom- what if I don't agree to this?
Manager- the studio will be finding a new Spider-Man I guess.
Tom- so I have to do this otherwise I won't be able to be Spider-Man anymore?
Manager- yep
Tom- fine I'll do it but I'm not happy about it at all. How long do we have to do this?
Manager- at least 6 months
Tom- WHAT?!? I can't do that. No offence Z.
Z- yeah it's alright. She said with a slightly disappointed face.
Tom- fine I'll do it, but by pretend dating what does it include?
Manager- just like public displays of affection as well as social media.
Tom- fine, I will sign the contract
Manager- good now if you break this contract I don't know what would happen with your spot as Spider-Man.

You signed the contract reluctantly. You only felt that you and Z were best friends. How can I pretend that I'm dating her if I don't feel that way about her? How can I just lie to my fans like that? What about y/n? I really really like y/n but now I can't do anything about it. Who am I kidding she probably doesn't even like me like that and Haz would kill me if I brought her into this. Arrrgggg

Z's POV (meeting)

I was really keen to be "dating" Tom. I thought there was a chance that he actually liked me and he was going to be pretty excited about the contract. I have had a crush on Tom ever since we became really good friends. He did seem to talk about Haz's sister a lot though. Oh well it's probably nothing, it's probably just because they grew up together. The manager then told him about the contract and he did not like it one bit at all. It made me kind of sad. He then flat out told me he doesn't like me in that way. It felt like my heart was torn into tiny pieces. I had to play it cool though so i brushed it off like it was nothing. He finally agreed to the contract which I was kind of happy about. I mean our fans really want us together and who knows maybe he will catch feelings for me?

Tom's POV

I got home and I immediately grabbed a beer out of the fridge. I really needed a drink. The boys saw how frustrated I was and hesitated to ask.

Haz- hey mate what's wrong?
Tom- arrggg the stupid contract. I had to sign it or they might give my Spider-Man role to someone else.
Sam- that's ridiculous you are like the best Spider-Man
Tom- thanks Sam but I had to sign it even though I didn't want to
Harry- what exactly does the contract include?
Tom- well Z and I have to pretend to date. We have to like hold hands in public, go on "dates", spend time together in public and act like a couple on social media. It sucks I was surprised that Z was happy about signing.
Haz- wait Z was happy about signing?
Tom- yeah she didn't care about signing what so ever.
Sam- do you think she likes you?
Tom- I don't know maybe. But I don't like her like that. She is like one of my good friends.
Harry- who knows maybe you will end up liking Z over time.
Tom- no I won't.
Haz- and why is that?
Tom- because I like your sister he mumbled under his breath.
Haz- what did you say?
Tom- nothing

I knew what Harry was thinking. He thinks this contract is great because it means that I couldn't be with y/n. But I'm not giving up on her that easily not just because of a stupid contract.

Then y/n opened the door. She walked in with her friend and said "hey! Save some drinks for us." She then laughed. Her laugh is so cute and contagious. I feel like I could listen to it all day.
In the corner of my eye I saw Haz staring at Emily. He used to like her back in the day but ever since y/n left for America he hasn't seen her. I think he still likes her. We spent most of the night drinking and then Sam wanted to play truth or dare. What a great idea that was. Bloody idiot.

*you guys know what happened*