10

hello! a short sidenote, this chapter is basically about that one episode where nishiki had attacked kaneki and hide (in episode 2 i believe? and vol. 1 chapter 7) but added along with more thoughts and hidekane. but if you're too lazy to read through it again bc it's almost the same as the actual ep/chapt, then you can skip through it. that's all, thank you for reading <3

They walk casually, Hide in the lead while Kaneki lagged behind. Thoughts were roaming around both boys' heads.

Hide lazily had his hands positioned behind his head to lean on it, listening to music on his earphones. Meanwhile, from the back, Kaneki had his eye on his friend, a small frown on his face.

Hide knows me too well, it won't be a surprise if he'd find out sooner or later. If he does, would we still be able to hang out like this? Would he still walk with me like this? Surely he'd just shun me away for not trusting him enough to tell him, he deserves the truth as my best friend. Would he think I'm a monster. I mean, who wouldn't? So I don't want him to know the truth...I want us to stay like this. So selfish...

Kaneki hadn't noticed but Hide sure did. Kaneki stopped walking with his fists clenched tightly, looking down on the ground with his eyes shut closed. Hide's expression softened - but with worry, he subtly swoops in and clutches Kaneki's hands, snapping him from the trance he was in. Hide grins at him and he starts walking again, this time, with his hand holding the ravenette's. Kaneki let out a small smile himself.

It's so selfish, and I hate myself for that, but if being selfish keeps Hide from leaving me, then I would want to be the most selfish person in this world.

"Nishio-san~" Hide calls out, springing the door open impulsively.

"Hide, you should've knocked first-"

A girly shriek cuts Kaneki off and a figure - let's assume is a girl, jumps off of the so-called Nishio's lap and speeds past the two.

"What did I tell you about barging into other people's property without their permission? I told you I hated that right?"

"Y-Yeah, Nishio..." Hide bows, his cheeks tinted with embarassment "Sorry."

It smells like coffee...

"Tch, anyways, what do you want, brat?" Nishio groans, turning around to face the duo.

Kaneki found his voice vaguely familiar, and he was trying to pinpoint where he had heard it from - but it didn't matter anyways, because the male turned to face them, and Kaneki quickly recognized a disheveled lock of orange hair, cold eyes hidden by purple glasses and the stench of revenge fueling from him.

Nishiki's eyes widen as well as he sees Kaneki's face, but he quickly composed himself and instead let's out a grin a little bit too wide for what Hide has been accustomed to.

"Ah, right, Nishio, this is Kaneki!" Hide chirps, wrapping his arm around the boy's shoulder.

"Oh, so you're the Kaneki Hide's been talking about a lot."

"A-ack! Don't say that as if he's all I talk about..." Hide murmured, turning bright red, scratching his cheek.

"Well, I'm not wrong, am I?" Nishio rolls his eyes before leaning over taking Kaneki's frozen hand to shake. "I'm Nishiki Nishio."

"It's nice to meet you, Kaneki." Nishio greets. Now, that would seem like a nice friendly greeting, but not if you heard how sinister and venomous it sounded. As if Nishio already planned a whole ass murder plot for the ravenette. It made Kaneki shiver in fear and he unconsciously leans into Hide's arms.