11

"Huh, it's a dead end?"

Shit, wait!

"H-Hide-!"

Before Kaneki could finish, a blur of Nishiki's leg and strawberry blond fills his vision. A loud clang of what sounded like something being thrown over pots and pans rang in his ears. There he finds Hide laying unconscious by the dark alleyway upfront. The ravenette's feet react first and he starts to run towards his friend, but Nishiki had already gotten a hold of him before he could.

"Hide! HIDE!!" Kaneki shouted, but Nishiki's hand wrapped around his throat harshly, almost crushing his windpipe.  The orange haired bastard dug his fingers onto the skin of Kaneki's neck as he lifts up the smaller onto the wall, slamming him onto it that it makes a dent on the metal. His eyes started to change physique.

"It would be troublesome if he would see, won't it?" The glasses male murmured, his gaze felt as that of a thousand stabs. He gave out a cocky grin, "So you're Kaneki, eh? I'm quite surprised that there's been a ghoul under the same campus as me this whole time and I've never even noticed. Not to mention that it's you." Kaneki's heavy breaths were all that came as a reply, as Nishiki's grip had only started to get tighter and tighter, he clawed on it but it was no good.

"H..Khh..H-Hi...de..." The ravenette chokes out, tears starting to form in his eyes as he slowly starts to suffocate.

"Huh? You worried about Nagachika?" The orange haired ghoul turns to look at the said limp male. His eyes brightened with the look of an idea on his face. "Oh I get it."

"You were planning to eat him weren't you?"

Kaneki froze at the accusation. Eat? Hide? That was one thought that never crossed his mind as they were together. Hide was far too precious for him to think that he was someone he'd use for a meal.

"The thought of betraying someone who trusts you dearly and watch as their face crumples into hopelessness and fear is appetizing, is it not?" Nishiki cackles, earning a horrified look from the other. This man is insane! It made Kaneki's blood boil at the thought.

"Y..You think I'm going to...e-eat Hide?" Kaneki rasps out, you would barely even be able to understand a word he's saying. "W-Who in their right mind would do something like that...?"

"I'm..." Kaneki gathers all the strength he could get to loosen Nishiki's iron grip, his kakugan veins extending past his eyepatch. "DIFFERENT FROM YOU!"

Hot white pain seared through the half ghoul's stomach as Nishiki's fist plows right through Kaneki's soft meat, blood erupting from his belly. The metallic taste exploded through Kaneki's mouth and he started to cough out the said substance, staining even Nishiki's face, who looked far more pissed than he could ever be.

"Touka said that exact same thing." Nishiki's stare just grows colder by the minute. "When stupid juniors think they're of higher position than me to talk to me like that, it really pisses me off."

He let go of Kaneki's staggering body, letting him fall onto the ground, "Pathetic. Your body is so soft it feels like I'm piercing through tofu." Nishiki scoffed. A sudden tinge made him stop and sniff the blood that stained his hands. "Ri...You smell like Rize! What the fuck?" He then trailed closer towards Hide's figure. "No that's impossible."

"God, it's just that tart starting to mess up my system. To think humans enjoy eating shit like that." Nishiki stabs his fingers into his mouth, making himself gag and throw up the tart he had ingested earlier, the mess dropping onto Hide. He smirks slightly and places his foot onto the blond's head, leaning on it. "Oops, sorry Kaneki, I got your food dirty." Nishiki snickers.