Chapter 1

March 30th, 2012
Somewhere in Eastern Europe

Midnight-blue eyes peered into the laptop screen as the young woman typed with her black-painted fingernails, Her eyes filled with tears. Her long black hair pulled back into pigtails, she paused and took a deep breath before resuming. The moonlight kissing the side of her porcelain face.

The light clicking on the keyboard had become heavy and frantic and was the only noise that could be heard in her overly decorated bedroom.

she was interrupted by a knock at the door. The almost adult jumped at the noise and quickly closed her Computer.

She wiped the tears away from her face with the sleeve of her pastel purple pullover sweater and used her foot to spin her chair away from her blue vintage desk and towards her door. Which was covered in posters and lights.

"Come in." She said, trying to keep her voice from wavering.

A young man, no more than three years older than her, opened the door and leaned in her doorway standing at about Five foot eleven.

"Hey, you all packed?" He asked in a husky voice. With his sky blue eyes, he glanced over at the empty suitcase laid open on her made bed.

The girl shrugged, her messy bangs hanging in her face.

The man stuck his hands in his jean pockets and shrugged his shoulders as his leather jacket moved with his form, he lowered his head and peered at her through his messy black hair.

"Why haven't you started?" He asked innocently.

The girl let out a long sigh. "Honestly? I don't think I even want to go." She said, hoping he wouldn't take offense.

"Cmon you gotta pack. You know how much this meant to mom, she and the headmaster were great friends." He said as he walked in and sat on the bed, looking at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Lovely, you didn't go."

"Well Mira, I'm not the child who's father worked under the ex-head of the Hunter's council and is the spitting image of what that academy's about." He said with a laugh, Lovely pulled a joint out of his pocket and lit it sitting on Mira's bed taking a puff.

"How the hell can you even say that!? My father deserved what he got." Mira hissed.

"Yeah, but Keian Cross, is not your father. And twice nicer of a man than your father ever was." Lovely reasoned with his sister, handing her the joint after taking another puff.

Mira accepted his peace offering and took a puff of the joint, leaning back in her seat she exhaled rolling her eyes. "What if I hate it?" She relocked her eyes on him.

Lovely paused and shrugged his shoulders. "Then you hate it, but I mean, our cousins there, and that's a plus."

Mira passed the joint back to her brother. "You mean our cousin who I haven't talked to since she and I were eight because she tried to drown me in aunti Jasmines pool?" She scoffed.

"With good reason, you attacked her." Lovely laughed taking another puff.

"Because she insulted mom!" Mira raised her voice to reason.

Lovely just shook his head.

"Come on, I'll help you pack. You wanna kill this?" Lovely offered her the roach of the joint. Mira took it and took the last puff before putting it out in her ashtray.

"Fine, but if I die. I'm blaming you and Tom." She smirked, lovely rolled his eyes and The two got to work on packing the essentials.

***