Chapter 16

Sarah rushed in the front door of Thomas's home covered in blood, carying her daughters body as Mira barely clinged to life.

Thomas who was sitting in the living room stood up quickly and assessed the scene in front of him.

Tears streamed down Sarah's face as she looked at Thomas. She looked broken and panicked. Thomas didn't have time to spare. "follow me." He uttered numbly as he ran for the hall.

Sarah was right on his tale as he lead her down to the basement. Thomas threw open a door to a room with a table. "Lay her down. I'll find something to stop the bleeding while she heals." He spoke quickly before running out of the room.

Sarah quickly laid Mira on the table and covered the wound with her hands, her entire body was shaking and her breaths were short.

Sarah caught Mira's head moving and ran a hand along her face, "everything's gonna be alright sweetie, your gonna be fine." She spoke shakily as she ran a hand through her Daughters hair trying to convince both Mira and herself.

Miras eyes fluttered open for a moment before they began to roll back in her head. Sarah's eyes widened as she began to panic. "THOMAS WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE TOWELS!?" She screamed. Thomas was suddenly beside her packing Mira's wound. His hands were shaking trying to save her.

He took a moment to breathe and realized she wasn't healing. He looked at Sarah who was still petting Mira's hair.

"Sarah, she's not gonna make it." Thomas spoke out carefully, still holding the wound.

"She will." Sarah replied pulling away from her daughter. She wiped her face with the back of her hand smearing Mira's blood on it. She slammed her hands down on the table and took a deep breath.

"Sarah, What are you thinking right now?" Thomas spoke turning to face her. Eyebrows furrowed.

"Tell lovely I love him." Sarah spoke quickly.

"SARAH NO." He yelled.

"Thomas!" She turned to face him and placed her blood covered hands on either side of His face. " if she dies here, and I know there was anything I could have done to save her that I didn't do. I would live the rest of my life regretting it. If I don't do this. I won't be long behind her. If I give her my blood and transfer her my powers she will heal instantly." She said looking him in the eye.

"No ones ever survived this babe." Thomas said as his voice cracked.

"I'm not expecting to." She spoke sweetly as she ran her thumb along Thomas's cheek. She gave him a smile as tears welled in her eyes.

Thomas let go of Mira and pulled Sarah in for a passionate kiss, and for a moment all time in the room stopped as they shared their final moments together.

Sarah pulled away from Thomas before clearing her throat. "You take care of her. You raise her as your own beside Lovely. You remind them that I love them when they need it and you never forget that I have and always will love you." She said quickly looking him in the eye.

Thomas nodded but refused to let go of Sarah as she spoke. Even when she turned back to the table.

Sarah took a deep breath then bit her left wrist, and then the right. She placed one over Mira's mouth and ripped the towels off the wound with the other placing her hand directly on top, Blood running down inside of it.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, then suddenly both of Sarah's hands started to glow a shade of purple and a gust of air blew against them all.

Sarah winced momentarily but stood her ground. Then suddenly a rush of energy surged through her, causing her to scream and begin to fall to her knees. Thomas picked her up by the waist as blood started to pool down her face. He nuzzled his head into her shoulder as he felt her grow weaker. He tried to hide his tears as he clinged to the love of his life in her final moments.