Chapter 18

Daisuke woke up in PJs that weren't his, in a room where he'd never been before. He looked to the left to see a nightstand and a closet, and to the right to see another nightstand with a cup of water and a note with his name on it.

The walls of the room were blue and there was a dresser and a couch in the far right corner. He sat up slowly in the black bedding and reached for the cup of water to take a drink, he swallowed it dryly before chugging the rest of the glass. He took a deep breath then placed the glass back on the nightstand. He reached for then opened the note.

"Dear Daisuke,

Do not be alarmed at your surroundings. You are in the headmasters quarters. When you are awake, relax, drink some water, the tv remotes in the drawer, bathrooms at the end of the hall. If you find yourself hungry the kitchen is right downstairs. Please help yourself. I should be by at some point, just please don't leave until I speak with you. You've been through a trauma. You have no classes until I deem you fit to return. you are safe here.

-HeadMaster Cross."

"That's... oddly brief?" Daisuke spoke to himself out loud. He placed the note back on the nightstand before reaching into the drawer and pulling out the tv remote. He pointed it atop of the dresser and pressed the on button. Springing the medium flat screen to life.

He flipped through some channels and finally settled on some cartoons. He smiled lightly as he placed the remote down on the nightstand. He yawned and looked around for his phone that he couldn't seem to find. He furrowed his brows and settled back into the bed. Then he slowly started to doze off again once he became comfortable.

____________________________

Warped noises could be heard causing Daisuke to open his eyes, he looked around through blurry vision only to find himself in the middle of a crowd, in what he could only make out was a field in the dark.

There were bonfires and tents everywhere as people ran, and Daisuke could only make out their distorted screams. He blinked a few times to try and wake himself up a bit but it caused him to vomit. He heard and felt it as it left his body but he couldn't taste it.

A flush of panic ran over his body as he stumbled to his feet, and began to run the same direction as the crowd.

A panicked woman stopped him and wrapped her hands around his shoulders, she began to shake him lightly as she was covered in blood and soot. "My daughter! Please have you seen my daughter?!" She begged in panic.

Daisuke shook his head and cleared his throat. "Where did you last see her?" He asked as he tried to keep his balance.

"she got away from me and ran back looking for her dog. Please! Save her please!" The frantic woman yelled.

"What's her name?" Daisuke asked quickly.

"Mira." The woman spoke. Daisuke's eyebrows furrowed as he nodded and ran back through the crowd. Shoving frantic bodies as he stumbled along looking for the young woman's daughter.

He checked tents and clearings and blankets and bushes he looked around in circles and stumbled over bodies as he looked. Only to find the end of a leash. He stopped in his tracks and grabbed the end tugging at it. He felt something heavy on the end so he followed it only to find a large dog growling at him hiding under a bush, with blue eyes peering at him from behind the dog.

"Mira?" He spoke gently as he crouched down. The dog snapped at him and snarled as to protect her at all costs.

The girl nodded, shaking as her hands wrapped around her dog.