Chapter 6

At about noon on Saturday Mira was rudely awaken by a banging on her and Ginko's bedroom door.

Mira groaned "Gin it's your turn." The banging continued.

"GIN WAKE UP AND ANSWER THE DOOR." Mira threw her pillow at Ginko's bed, which she then realized was empty. She groaned and rolled out of bed to answer the door. And when she swung it open. It was none other than Zero. Mira's eyes widened and she was fully awake at that moment. She yanked zero in and locked the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me!? You came to get me at my DORM ROOM!? Do you realize how many people could have seen you come in here? Do you realize how many of them are asking questions!?" She screamed at him as he rubbed his head while sitting on the floor. He had smacked it as she brought him in.

"I wouldn't have to come to get you if you knew how to answer a phone or meet someone on time." He hissed. Mira stormed across her room to check her phone. Realizing she had 3 missed calls and a couple angry text messages from Zero.

"I'm sorry." She muttered under her breath as she ran into the bathroom to change.

Zero stood up took a minute to look around the dorm room, walking slowly he could tell that Ginko and Mira became fast friends, borrowing each other's clothes, a shared mini-fridge, a TV that they could both use. Separate piles of laundry but one shared garbage can and matching slippers for the both of them. Shopping bags piled up beside the garbage and matching but different clothes hanging in there closets.

Zero noticed that there was some writing on Mira's desk and he took a second to glance at what it said while he was walking. "Don't forget to write a new chapter of your mom's story." He paused, thinking that it seemed strange that she'd be writing a story about her dead mother.

Mira came bolting out of the bathroom, fully dressed in black yoga pants, a purple long flowing sweetheart neck lined tank top and some biker boots, hair tired back in a neat ponytail. She walked over to her desk and started packing her shoulder bag.

"Why do you bring that thing everywhere?" Zero asked, sitting on the edge of her bed.

Mira glanced at him for a moment. "Force of habit. I like to keep my important things on me at all times.

Zero nodded a moment.

"I see," he said grazing the bloody rose in his pocket, he understood.

He stood up and brushed himself off" Let's get going, Yagori doesn't like to wait." He started for the door grabbing the handle.

"I'll meet you outside," she said before jumping out the window.

Zero rolled his eyes as he headed out of the dorm room and down the hall.

***

A man with long brown hair smoking a cigarette was leaning on the outside of a ginormous old cobblestone style building. He wore a long beige trench coat and a western hat that matched the coat, and the way he was leaning you couldn't see his face behind the brim. His shoulder-length brown hair waving with gusts of wind. He had a shotgun on the ground leaning up beside him.

Mira was in awe of how huge the building was. She was looking around while zeros eyes were focused and forward.

He stopped when he met with the man but Mira kept walking. 

Zero grabbed her by the back of the shirt and stopped her in her tracks.

She came back to reality and looked back at him.

"Huh?" She questioned.

"you're late." The man on the wall stated, lifting his head, it was then revealed he also was missing an eye on the left-hand side. It was covered by a large leather patch.