Chapter 8

As time progressed tensions started to rise between the night class. The day class students were all rowdy as ever with new night class students to ogle over.

Mira needed to speak with the headmaster about some papers that she needed to be signed, she walked up to his office door and was about to knock when she heard zero yellings. She paused and pressed her ear to the door.

Inside the room zero had his hands slapped down on Crosses desk "Either you tell me what the hell is going on here or I'll figure it out my damn self. You don't just let a family of purebloods from America into the academy without a reason!" He hissed to the headmaster.

Headmaster cross had his fingers linked together resting against his face as he let zero get his differences out. "Look zero, I know that you hate purebloods, and I know that in the past all experiences with them have been completely terrible for you but, Trust me when I tell you to stay out of this." He raised his head to make eye contact with zero as he spoke.

Zero leaned back with a huff. "I swear to god you're losing it. Don't come crying to me when whatever is happening folds in on itself." He started heading for the door.

"Zero wai-" Kaien was cut off by Mira standing on the other side of the door making a knocking motion when zero threw it open.

Zero paused and took a breath, clearing his throat as he waited for her to state whether she was just eavesdropping or had a purpose for being here.

Mira looked between the two and cleared her throat stepping into the room. "Hi headmaster, I was just actually coming to see if you had a second to look over some paperwork for the council. I can come back later if now isn't a good time." She said feeling the tension in the room.

"Don't worry about it, I was just leaving. " Zero stated as he walked out of the room closing the door behind him. Kaien watched the door close behind Mira and stuck his hand out for the papers. Mira approached his desk and handed them to him, neither of them exchanging a word. She looked out the window behind him and waited patiently. Cross looked them over then gave a nod, stacked them all and gave them a good tap against the desk for good measure then stuck them in his drawer.

"they look in order, I'll take care of them from here Mira, thank you" he smiled. Mira nodded and left the room closing the door behind her. She headed outside into the sunlight to find zero leaning on the outer wall of the building.

"shouldn't you be in class?" Mira said as she kept walking. Zero pushed himself off the wall and started walking beside her.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" He said flatly as a response. Mira rolled her eyes and glanced around seeing that everyone on the main campus was a mixture between cowering over zero or Ogling over her. She wondered why everyone was so afraid of zero, he didn't seem that bad to her.

"There you go again, answering my questions with questions." She stated as she started heading for the bridge to the night class dorms. "What were you even yelling about in there? What's got you so on edge?" She questioned walking down the cobblestone path looking back at him. Zero gritted his teeth and looked away, taking in the breeze as the sun beat down from above. The fall air starting to get a small nip.

"Headmasters making careless decisions when it comes to the safety of this academy all in attempts to see how far he can make this go." he choked out. 'That and all these vampires here makes me want to kill somebody.' He thought to himself.

Mira hummed. "Where's Yuki today?" She asked innocently. She stopped walking and turned to face him after she asked.

Zero shrugged, "Maybe in class, I'm not sure. I haven't seen her since last night just after the cross over." He also stopped walking and then turned to look over the river, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Why do you ask?" He questioned calmly. Mira walked up beside him and also looked over the river, she also shrugged her shoulders.