12

park jimin

it was 7:00am when jimin woke up, and his bus comes at 7:30am. since jimin was kicked out of his house, he slept at the park near his bus stop. he was absolutely terrified of being kidnapped, but he tried his best to stay hidden. it was also pretty cold that night, so jimin was confused on how he didn't freeze to death.

"it's going to be a rough day," jimin sighed to himself, hopping out of the weird structure he slept in.

jimin made it to the bus stop fifteen minutes later and immediately broke out into sobs. his body had given up, and he fell asleep with tear stained eyes.

"-min! jimin? c'mon, get up," a familiar voice called, shaking the smaller boy's frame gently.

"are you okay?" taehyung asked, noticing the tears in jimin's eyes.

jimin didn't answer.

"i brought you a coat and some comics," taehyung broke the silence, handing him the items.

"thanks, tae," jimin sadly smiled. "i really don't deserve this.

"what do you mean?" taehyung asked, confused.

"oh nothing." taehyung accepted that jimin might not open up to him, so he just nodded.

"our bus is here, let's get on."

the two boys both went to taehyung's spot, taehyung offering the inside seat again. it had been a few minutes since they got on, and there was no chatting between the two of them. taehyung thought this would be the perfect time to ask.

"hey... jimin?" taehyung barely whispered, not even looking at the boy.

"uh. yea?"

there was an awkward silence for a moment.

"could i have your number?" taehyung asked, totally sounding awkward. way to go, tae- taehyung thought - he probably thinks you're a total loser.

"i don't have a phone."

"home number?"

"i don't have a home."

taehyung's eyes widened in total shock. jimin's did the same after he realized what he just said.

"shit.." the smaller mumbled to himself.

"jimin... are you homeless?" taehyung asked in disbelief. he always knew something was different about jimin, but he didn't think it'd be this.

"i— uh—... i'm so sorry," jimin looked down at his lap, clenching his fists.

"chim, you have to have a place to stay. you're sleeping over at my house tonight, no buts," taehyung demanded, already knowing jimin would protest.

"n-no! i cant do that, i'm sorry," jimin almost yelled, resting his head on the window as he silently cried. no one noticed since they all had earbuds in.

no one was supposed to know about jimin's home life, jimin's story. he's going to have to move schools now. too bad he couldn't move countries. jimin knows he's not going to school past high school. he can't afford to live his dream, so he'd rather just rot on the streets. jimin knew he was being unreasonable, but he just didn't want to have a crappy job and live a crappy life.

"jim, i said no buts. i can't let you live like this. it doesn't have to be me who takes you in tonight. i can try and convince hoseok or jungkook or—." taehyung was interrupted by jimin's voice.

"shut up. i'll just go back home. i'd rather go back to my hell hole of a house than stay with one of you guys," jimin coldly spat, crossing his arms before huffing.

taehyung felt a scratching sensation in his heart, gripping it tightly as he tried not to cry.

after everything the younger has done for jimin, this is what he gets? a cold shoulder? he almost wanted to take the comics and coat back- but he couldn't do that. he'd feel guilty. and taehyung wondered- did jimin feel guilty too?

the silence the bus held was unbearable for the two boys to handle. jimin knew he messed up, he just couldn't find the guts to apologize. at least not right now. jimin let a sigh escape his lips, packing the comics in his bag before getting off the bus.

"today is definitely going to be rough."

____________________

tomorrow's the last day before school starts again :(((((