18

*whispers* stan undernineteen

chaeyoung's p.o.v

i continued to finish the project with hyunjin, despite the fact that renjun was literally in my house.

hyunjin and i completed the project and hyunjin told me he had to leave, i was about to agree but i realised that renjun might be in my house still, i ignored the thought and brought hyunjin to the door, helping him unlock it.

"see you soon!" i waved hyunjin goodbye and i was answered with a smile.

"chaeyoung!" i turned around and saw renjun intertwin his hands with

jinhee?

at that moment i felt my heart sink, i don't like him, i don't like him, i don't and will not like him.

i glanced at their hands and looked up.

"oh hey." my attempt on hiding my jealousy by replying with confidence was a success.

"you've been ignoring me." renjun pouted.

"ah, sorry i was busy with a few things, and you two are a thing now?" i asked pointing at their hands.

renjun's ears perked up upon my question and immediately un-intertwined their hands.

"n-no..." renjun said searching his head nervously.

"oh uhm, okay then i'll believe you this time, what are you guys doing here?" i asked them while walking to the kitchen.

"i was doing my project with jinhee at my house and she suggested we visit you both so, here we are."

"sorry if we bothered you-"

"it's okay, you didn't." i cut jinhee's sentence.

"alright i will be in my room, help yourself." i slammed the fridge with my left foot and un-screwed the bottle cap on my drink, twisting it to open.

i entered my room and locked the doors, i chugged my drink and placed it on my desk.

i dragged my chair nearer to my table and started on my revision, due to a certain goal i had in mind which was to achieve the top 10 in my level or possibly the school.

i started doing my revision while listening to some music to help me focus more.

i heard a knock on my door and removed my earbuds and went to the door.

"who is it?" i asked.

"jinhee." i heard, for some reason i felt my expectations drop but i still opened the door.

"oh hey." i greeted jinhee.

"wanna come in?" i asked opening the door wider.

"yea sure, i wanted to talk to you anyways." jinhee said closing the door for me and sitting beside me.

"so? what did you want to talk about?" i asked handing her a new bottle of mineral water from my mini fridge.

"thanks, so i was wondering..." jinhee stopped.

"hm?" i asked.

"could you give me some tips on how i can make renjun like me, because i-i-i like him and i approached you because you seemed like someone that was very close with him so i assumed you would know him better." jinhee continued, the words she said really hit me by i mustered up my courage.

"sure! i will be glad to help!" i smiled and started telling her what renjun likes or dislikes and what he does most of the time.

"thank you chaeyoung! i really appreciate it, i hope we can be friends or even best friends, i hope we will talk soon!" jinhee bowed and i motioned her to stand up feeling embarrassed.

i opened the door and let jinhee exit before i myself exited as well, closing the door during the process.

"i hope to see you again!" i waved jinhee goodbye and locked the front door.

i sighed as i went back to my room, renjun already left early so jinhee thought it would be a good chance to ask me about him. jinhee explained it to me while i shared about renjun to her.

the only people left in the house was me as chenle went out
earlier to grocery shop, i went back to my room and locked it, i continued studying but i couldn't focus as well as i did due to what jinhee told me. slowly, i started gaining back focus and went back to studying.