Chapter 35

There has been a time skip. I'll let you figure out how long.

Merome's POV

I sigh, laying on my bed. I turn on my phone and begin to text my friend. I kind of wish I could stay at school.

I tug off my boots as I receive a text from Traci.

T- Hey Merome! Can't talk right now. I'm on a date with that freshman Tyler.

I sigh.

M- K.

My friends never have time for me, and my parents barely even let me have my phone. Their so overprotective. I feel like their not even my parents, I don't look like either of them. Dad spends his time with his friends and Mom spends her time shopping. I put in some earbuds and begin to listen to Pierce The Veil.

I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights.

We used to laugh until we choked into the wasted nights.

It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone.

So don't, don't, don't wake me up, 'cause my thrill is gone.

Bulletproof Love. Love that song. I hear the doorbell ring and receive a text from Dad.

D- I'm having some of my friends come over for a party, can you stay in your room?

"That's it." I mutter. "I'm done." I take my earbuds out then scribble some things on a piece of paper. I reach in the closet, grab my suitcase, and put it on my bed. I immediately throw all my clothes in the small bag and zip it up. I grabbed the money I had saved for a car and threw it in as well. I placed the note on the bed then opened the window and climbed out.

Goodbye, 'parents'. I thought as I shut the window behind me. My eyes widened as I realize...

...I'm free.

I laugh and begin running to a hotel nearby as cars pull up to my old house. I wonder when they'll notice. It doesn't matter though.

My silver hair keeps getting in my face as I run. I stop at the bus stop and grab a ponytail off my wrist, putting my hair in a bun. Four figures begin to walk dutifully to the bus stop. One has... cat ears and a tail? Whatever, probably cosplay. They walk up to the stop and start laughing and joking.

Well, three of them are joking. There's one who's standing back. He wears a red and black checkered shirt and a tan undershirt. He has matted hair and it looks like he hasn't slept in days as he stares off into the distance.

WARNING!

WARNING!

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER!

WARNING!

TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DISLIKE SAD, HAPPY ENDINGS!!