Wrong Sister

One

Past

"Miss Phillips, please pay attention." Glimpsing at the professor arching his eyebrow at me disapprovingly, I sheepishly shifted my eyes to the floor and back up to my scolding teacher.

"Sorry," I whispered hiding my face behind my hair.

Peering through the locks of hair, I saw my friend across the room trying to hold back her amusement of me getting in trouble with the teacher. Her attempt on doing so was obviously a failure, still being able to hear her quiet laughter.

Just as the Professor was about to scold her for interrupting his class with unnecessary noises, the bell rang signaling the end of class. I gathered my stuff together neatly, exiting the room.

She didn't have any more classes for the rest of the day, this one being the last. In fact, for the whole week after the weekend, thanks to the holidays. As she was turning the corner, her friend was leaning against the wall smirking at her.

"God Emily you scared the crap out of me."

Her friend chuckled moving a piece of hair out of her face. "That was the point Ava, to scare the crap out of you," she joked.

Rolling my eyes, I began walking. "Gee-thanks," I replied sarcastically.

Running to catch up to me, Emily made me stop in my tracks by standing in front of me. "Let's do a sleepover tonight, we haven't had one in a while."

This was true, with being juniors in college and a lot of studying to do, we haven't had the time to talk and this was a perfect opportunity to do just that.

"Bring the usual right?"

Emily's lip turned upward set into a silly grin. "Yup, extra gummy worms."

Seeing her friend's obsessed expression, I laughed shaking my head. Gummy worms were Emily's favorite as you can tell.

"Will do."

Emily glanced down at her phone "Gotta go, my mom is waiting for me," she took off as I smiled seeing the strange looks Emily was receiving.

Mrs. Jacobson, also known as Emily's mom, was like a second mother to me but ever since Mr. Jacobson passed, she wasn't the same since.

He died of a rogue attack recently, but luckily, Emily was still the same goofy girl. This bothered me to an extreme. I knew that Emily holding in her feelings and acting like nothing was wrong when it really was, wasn't healthy. I would try to approach her on the subject  but I didn't want to hurt her even more than she probably is.

"Ava, I told you I had cheerleading practice!" Wincing on hearing my sister's voice, I turned where her twins' hands on her hips glaring at me. Violet was dressed in the college's colors with an E printed on the top that was dangerously low to be considered school appropriate. But it really didn't matter, we were in college and could dress however we liked, well to an extend and Violet was close to the border line.

Edgewood College schooled mostly all of Moonstone Pack's high school graduates, along with some of the neighboring packs. Of course there were some humans that attended here but just a bit.

Sighing heavily I walked to my twins' side. "I forgot, I was making plans with Emily," I explained.

She clicked her tongue assessing me. "You better not forget next time." Turning her heel, she gave me the keys to the car. I could shift and just run back home, but the Alpha made a strict law prohibiting us to be alone while in our wolves. He made that decision on the incident with Emily's father's death.