Four

Four

Past

The big day was finally here. After a full day yesterday of decorating the ball room in which the party was going to be held in, I was beyond tired. I collapsed on my bed not even a minimum of four hours ago.

Emily stayed at the guest room in my home not wanting to walk all the way to the pack house in the morning which was normal. I didn't want her walking in case rogues attacked even though it was highly unlikely.

When a bucket of water dripped on my sleeping form, I woke up smiling despite being drenched. Every birthday since the age of eight, Emily would drop water on me each birthday morning. I didn't even know what brought this tradition to happen but gladly excepted it as the years gone by as good childhood friends.

After Emily shooed me to go take a shower because I 'stinked' ai saw two purple rectangled boxes sitting on my bed with a white bow on top of each.

"Emily I told you I didn't want a present." Figured that she wouldn't have listened, when does she?

Emily rolled her eyes, "Why wouldn't I? My best friend who is practically my sister is turning 21, the biggest day of her life. Well the second biggest."

Placing my hands on my hips I raised a plucked eyebrow, "And what is my first."

Emily gasped. "The day you met me of course," she joked.

"Right, and I thought that was my worst," I teased smiling.

"Oh shut up and sit down so I can do your hair and make up."

Reluctantly I sat yawning. Looking at the clock, my eyes widened. "It's barely even 9 o'clock!" I couldn't remember a time waking up such early time willingly.

"I'm surprised you even woke up. You always rise at noon and considering the time you slept, I didn't think the bucket of cold water could even wake you up!"

I sat there silently thinking about Emily's words. She's right. Of all my birthday mornings, Emily had to use horns and the water to wake me up. Wait- why was I even wearing makeup? Sure I wasn't the prettiest but I never used it except mascara and eyeliner. Never in her life- scratch that, I admit that I have used make up but that was when I was six playing dress up with Violet. Those were the few times that I can remember spending time with my older twin. Ever since hitting the teen years, Violet and I drifted apart, each liking different things. Her hitting the mall, and me, the library. Typical.

Emily had a happy grin set on her face when she was finished with her "masterpiece" as she called it. Looking at the mirror I expected to see a pale girl with bags under eyes and frizzy hair as usual. Instead seeing a beautiful girl staring right back at her. I would think I was Violet! Straighten to perfection, my chocolate brown hair looked silky and shiny. My makeup was done in a smokey cat eye making my green eyes brighten. The difference between Violet and I was that she had brown eyes taking on after our mother while I with green after my father. That was probably the only thing Violet was jealous of me. So this is the magic of makeup.

"Go change to complete the look!" I could see the excitement on Emily's face and obliged to her orders. Putting the dress on, I skipped out the closet almost running into my dresser.

"Thank you Emily, they are perfect." Giving her a brief hug, I slipped on the shoes that Emily presented in the slightly bigger purple box not long ago. Walking in heels was harder than it looked but I got the hang of it after a few tries. Okay, maybe a lot of tries, all the while Emily was laughing her butt off. The smaller of the two boxes was a set of earring and necklaces Emily bought to match her dress.