Twelve

Going back to school is a hard thing to do when you were just in vacation. Getting back on track with schoolwork; waking up early once again; getting your schedule back on track: you know the usual.

As I was sitting down, the last class of the day, I sighed placing my books on a long table along with the book I got from the library. Thank god Drake never saw the cover, for-sure I would've been embarrassed.

The feeling of someone watching me made my head turn up and stare right at the eyes of Erin Matthews. As assumed, he wore a baggy shirt that fell off his boney shoulders, khaki pants that had started to fade and sneakers that have seen better days. To be blunt, he looked dead.

His eyes caught mine and his dark, dull eyes lit up when he saw me examining him thinking that I was, "checking him out." He slowly got up gaze still fixed on mine. I didn't want to be rude and ignore and I just gave him a small smile. It didn't do things better with him quickening his steps to me.

Thankfully like God heard my prayers, the Professor arrived, ordering everyone to take a seat. I sighed in relief watching as he looked confused with him the only one standing and went back to his seat.

"Ava how are you?" I turned my head at the mention of my name, it was Noah, Xavier's brother.

I smiled cheerfully at him, it felt so long since I last saw him. He looked tired with bags under his eyes but still managed to look decent.

"I'm good, how are you?"

He sighed rubbing his head, "Sleepy," he mumbled, "my kid keeps waking up at the middle of the night."

I frowned patting his shoulder. "I'm sorry to hear that."

It couldn't be that bad could it? The kid was around a year old, they don't cry at night still do they?

"Anyways, has there been any problems with my younger brother, no more pains?"

I shook my head lifting up my shirt a bit for him to see the already fading bruises. I was surprised it even took that long to heal but Noah did mention that when one's mate had sex with another, the bruises you receive take a lot more time to heal since it wasn't just hurting you but your wolf also.

Noah looked as if he could murder someone staring at the now purple bruises that covered my abdomen like a second skin. Preferably Xavier.

"Gosh dammit Ava!" He yelled standing up staring right at me.

This caused the entire class to glance at us curiously as I bent my head in embarrassment. He took my hand in his and pulled me out of the classroom but not before grabbing both of our stuff.

The Professor was too in shock to stop us which somehow came to our advantage. At least we didn't get yelled at.

"Where we going?" I asked practically running, Noah still having his hand in mine and was walking pretty fast for my short feet compared to his.

"Can you slow down please? You're starting to hurt my hand," I winced trying to get out of hold.

He let go instantly as if I burned him muttering a sorry, frowning with guilt and began walking once again.

"You didn't really hurt me Noah, your hand was clenching and it was getting uncomfortable because your nails were digging into my skin."

"Still I should've controlled my anger."

"So are you going to tell me why you took me out of class when you knew we were going to take an essay?" I changed the subject feeling him loath himself. I raised my eyebrow waiting for his answer.