Two

Emily^^^

Two

Past

"So I see that you're here early. I thought you were still waiting for Violet's cheerleading practice to be over?" Emily asked curiously.

I turned to face her, putting down my book on my lap. It was no secret that Emily didn't like my sister. Actually having the guts to say that to Violet's face.

Violet never liked any of my friends and somehow she managed to make them not talk to me anymore but it didn't work with Emily. Emily wasn't afraid of the threats from my sister and I was glad for that.

"Her boyfriend gave me a ride home," I said returning back to reading.

"At least he has the will to stand her," Emily muttered under her breath.

A ringing set off and I looked around to see where the source came from.

"It's yours," I raised my eyebrows. Who could be calling me? No one calls me except my parents or sometimes even Emily.

I saw on the screen that Violet was the one calling her. Furrowing my brows, I answered hesitantly.

"Uh hello?"

"AVA."

I flinched at my sister's harsh tone. "Uh-yeah?"

"Where the hell are you?" She screamed.

I frowned. "What do you- oh."

"Ohh," she sarcastically shot out.

I slapped my hand on my fore-head feeling like an idiot.

"Shoot I forgot."

Violet told me- let me rephrase that, demanded, that I meet her at the mall. She mentioned something about picking a dress to wear at our birthday party.

"Well get here. NOW."

I couldn't explain that I didn't have the car or a ride since she hung up.

"What did the bitch want," Emily mumbled while tearing apart a piece of neon gummy worm with her teeth.

I ignored Emily's reference to my sister. "I forgot that Violet wanted me to meet up at the mall."

"That's a surprise," she gasped sarcastically. "I wouldn't have thought she wanted to be around her nerdy sister. No offense."

I shook my head, "I am supposed to pick out a dress to wear on my birthday. But I don't even know how I'm getting there seeing as she has the car."

An idea popped in my head. She looked at Emily expectingly.

"No," she straightened her back. "Absolutely not."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Present

One second I was staring at him and the next, I was pinned against the wall. My wolf purred satisfied that he was so close to us, I felt safe and warm.

"W-what are you doing here?" I whispered at his glaring eyes.

"Who were you with?" Even angry, he looked sexy I had to admit.

But then I registered his question. Anger lashed up in my eyes. Who was he to ask me that question, when he doesn't even want me. Just as I was about to tell him off, he suddenly swept down grabbing her neck and kissed me. It started off rough and full of anger, but then after I started to kiss him back, it was nothing but slow and sweet. I pulled him closer to me wanting to savor this moment as I slipped my arms around his neck.

When he pulled back for air, he started to trail kisses down my neck making me arch my back in pleasure. I knew this was wrong, that he didn't want me, but I couldn't seem to make myself stop. I reminded myself that this was just in heat of the moment and once it was gone, he was going to regret it. That stopped me in my tracks and I shoved him breathing heavily.

I was looking at him trying not to cry, but was failing miserably. "Why?" I whispered. I was sick and tired of him hurting me, playing with my feelings.

He looked at me with grief and sorrow filled in his eyes. "I-I don-"

"You what?" I sinked against the wall and pulled my knees to my chest. "Now you want me? I can't do this anymore. I can't....can't let you hurt me anymore."

"So what?" he spat."You're going to be with someone else?"

I looked down, "Maybe. Perhaps it's best that I move on. You moved on, so why shouldn't I?"

Hearing the door swing open, I looked up to see that he left. A pained howl filled the air and it made my heart ache. He's a coward, I thought. A cold heartless selfish coward. He's the one that chose this. I should not feel bad at all.

He's the one that didn't want to be with me. So why would he start to get jealous at the thought of me being with someone else. He can't just come up to me and kiss me thinking he wants me and then leaving when he decides he no longer needs me.

Rubbing the tears out of my eyes, I stood up. I would no longer cry for him, no longer shed tears that he doesn't deserve. It's time to
give Xavier a taste of his own medicine.