Fifteen: Violet-Short Update

I didn't know what I was feeling. Deceived. Sad. Angry. Resentment.
All I knew was that I needed to get out of there. Somewhere deep in my mind, I sensed that it was a possibility that Ava was Xavier's mate.

Seeing them together made me a bit angry. How could Ava cheat on me with my fiancé? Now, I know they're mates but still? She's my sister. Isn't there a code where this is totally off limits?

I distinctly heard my voice being called, turning my head, I saw Xavier catching up to me. I hadn't even realized that throughout my mental debate, I was running into the woods.

"Violet! Please let me explain!"

I slowed down and decided that I should at least hear what he has to say. Doesn't mean I'll like it though.

"Thanks for stopping." I nodded silently staring at him waiting.

"Okay look, I bet you already have an idea on what is going on. Here's the deal, Ava is my mate. But that doesn't mean that I don't love you. Violet, you have been my girlfriend for a long time and now... I'm confused. I don't know what to do! I never expected this to happen."

"Xavier, I don't think anyone anticipated this happening," I scoffed.

"That's true but I can't choose between you and her. I know that I have a that I have a responsibility into marrying you. Yet, the other thing is your sister. Though I have not said anything about being exclusive with her, their is the mate bond that I can't ignore. I need several days to clear my head. I can't just ignore the fact that my fiancé's sister is my mate."

I wanted to yell at him, scream out that Ava is his mate! He shouldn't be choosing between her and I. Its obvious that Xavier clearly likes my sister and though he says he loves me, how do I know that he only loves the idea of me? I even question our love. And I don't want him to be committed to me knowing that he's only doing it because it's his responsibility. I want something more than that and I can't do this to either Ava or him. Or my mate.

"Xavier- how do I start? I've known you for a long time and I ask myself, did I live my life like I wanted it to? Did I do everything I wanted to do before I even got married? The answer is no. I loved you but over the days, I came to realize that I never got to be myself. To be independent and rely solely on me. I think it's time me and you take a break. This will give both of us time to think this through. Just know that I loved you and I always will."

I gave him a hug and whispered in his ear goodbye.

My throat clenched at the thought of not being with him anymore but this was for the best. For everyone.

It's time to begin a new life. A life by myself. But there's someone I need to talk to. I hadn't only hurt Ava or Xavier, I've hurt my mate and it's time for me to talk to him. See if there's even a possibility for me to be with him. Because deep down, I want to be with him.

***********

Sorry for not updating in like forever and it's very short. Next one will be long, promise.

I bet everyone knows who Violet's mate is ;). There's still more that will be going on between Ava, Xavier, and don't forget about Emily.