Chapter_49

As I laid on the cold floor of my office, I was thinking about the day Elliot and I finally gave into our feelings. I was thinking about how his lips felt against my skin, and how he held me in his arms all night until Kathy had to come and ruin it.

I was thinking about the day that Elliot got to meet Ellie. How happy he was, but also how nervous he was about having yet another daughter.

The day I found out I was having twins, and not just one baby.

The day I married Elliot.

The day I became CO.

"Olivia?" Tucker's voice spoke. I didn't move. I was shaking and still crying, and thinking about my life. I was so scared.

"Benson, it's over. Dodds is going to the hospital and I think you might need to also." He breathed.

"Elliot." I whimpered.

"He'll be there. C'mon. I'll ride along."

<^>

I was only in shock. There were no other injuries. I sat on the edge of an ER bay and watched as a nurse cleaned the blood from my face and neck. Tucker had shot Dodds through his shoulder, and most of the blood splatter was on me.

"Your heart rate has gone down. It's good." The nurse smiled, as she took another wipe and scrubbed gently at a spot of blood on my neck.

"Yeah, it's good." I breathed. She finished cleaning me up before going to get a bandage because I had a small cut on my cheek from falling.

After putting the small rainbow bandage on my cheek, I was told to wait until someone could pick me up. So I leaned back against the pillow and played with my wedding band and engagement ring.

"Livvie?" Elliot's voice cracked. I looked at him and suddenly burst into tears. I climbed out of bed and wrapped my arms around my husband. He held me close as he started to cry too.

"When they said you were at the hospital, it scared me so bad. I thought you were dead, baby! My god, I could barely drive here!"

"Elliot, it was so scary. I had this whole speech I had to say. And then he said it was a mistake, a very bad mistake. And then he just aimed his gun at me. Tucker got there before he killed me, but if he had gotten there a moment later, or if the elevator had been locked down because of what was happening, I would've been in the basement instead of here." I whispered. Elliot held me a bit closer, before holding me at arm's length. 

"Let's get you home, okay?"

"Where are the girls?"

"Maureen has them. All of the kids are at the house. They are waiting to see you."

"Okay."

<^>

I didn't really say a lot when I got home. I just hugged the kids, all of them, before sitting on the couch and cuddling the twins. Katrina and Celia could sense something was off and were asking me why I looked so sad. Why I had a colorful boo boo protector on my cheek. I couldn't tell them. I didn't even want to tell Elliot's four oldest kids about what happened, but after Eli, Ellie, Katrina, and Celia went to bed, I had to tell them.

"So, Dad said he needed to get to you earlier so he couldn't explain," Dickie spoke, as he sat on the coffee table. I swallowed hard as I looked at them.

"It wasn't a big deal. I was just undercover for a bit and it got messy."

"Olivia." My husband scolded.

"Okay. God." I sighed. I ran my hands through my hair as I got a little anxious about this all. I opened my phone app for the nest cam we had in the kids' rooms, and I saw that they were all asleep so I felt better talking about it.

"So, I have a boss. He took over, kinda but not really, for Tucker. He was in charge of me because he thought I didn't love my job enough and since I missed a lot of time. So, he was like coming in every week and go through everything I did. And it got worse. I never left work and he started to threaten me a bit. I really only left the precinct for two hours on Sundays when you were all here for dinner. So last night I got a call from Tucker, and he said that today was the day. I called my crew and they all stayed home and I was the only one there. He pulled a gun on me and was planning on killing me. He had shot a few other COs and I was just the next one." I breathed.

"He was going to just kill you because he wanted to?" Lizzie squeaked.

"He was trying to change all of the bosses. Liv was just the one who was able to take him down with Tucker." Elliot spoke. He ran his fingers over my thigh as he smiled gently at me.

"Guys, I was such a mess. Don't listen to him. I wasn't some superhero. Someone who was super brave. As soon as he pulled his weapon I felt like my heart was going to explode. And as soon as I heard the gun go off, I fell to the ground and started to sob." I sighed. My cheeks were red and hot from just thinking about this all.

"Well, he's going to jail right? So there is nothing to worry about." Kathleen spoke.

"He's going to jail for a long time. And those who are working with him are too." I breathed.

"So, what's next?" Maureen asked.

"Well, my squad room is a crime scene so my crew and I have three days off. So, while on leave, I'm going to just spend time with the girls and Eli, and be prepared for me to call you all each day, okay?"

"We don't mind it. You are our second mom." Lizzie smiled. I stood and they all hugged me at the same time. I took a shaky breath as I looked at Elliot as he moved towards the kitchen as his children embraced me.

Thinking about being away from my kids, including Elliot's, and Elliot was probably the scariest thing I've had to think about.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D