a healing voice // i. midoriya

word count: 1.7k

...

  it wasn't uncommon for midoriya izuku to end up in the hospital with a wound of some sort. sometimes, it was nothing a small brace and some gummies wouldn't help, but other times, like this one, he was bound to a hospital bed for a few days, even a week, recovering from his injuries.

he remembered fighting a strong villain out during one of his internships, he was using one-for-all in a percentage his body still wasn't equipped to handle just yet. and then he remembered falling, his legs broken and unable to catch his fall, and then darkness.

but at certain points throughout his stay, there was a voice. it would sing softly to him, and he could feel the ache in his bones melt away. he never understood the words, and he suspected they were in some latin-based language, possibly even english (and while the boy was good at the language, he was in no shape to translate the words).

you had come to yuuei to become a healer, just like your father. luckily for you, you'd inherited a mix of your parents quirks. your father was a pretty well-known healer, known to stand by pro-heroes' sides to assess the damage and provide quick services to victims to aid the pain and bleeding before they were able to be transported to a hospital. and your mother had the quirk called siren-song, one that launched her high into popularity during the eighties and nineties, but died down after she'd had you.

they mixed together to give you the quirk lullaby, capable of easing people's pain and stress with your singing, even able to heal minor injuries.

recovery girl had taken you in as her apprentice upon seeing you during the entrance exam, and she appreciated your voice when you sang to the patients who ended up in her ward. you also accompanied her while she traveled to other hospitals to heal their patients, seeing as her quirk was rare and unique to her and so was yours. she already planned to have you take over as yuuei's resident healer when she retired.

the two of you had stopped at a local hospital for a few days, seeing as one of yuuei's top students were stuck there. apparently your mentor knew the boy well, him having landed in one of her beds at least once a month, if not once a week.

midoriya izuku, aka deku; you'd seen him a handful of times around yuuei, but due to your quirk being needed for healing and his being perfect for a pro-hero, you didn't talk much if at all. he was cute though, that much was sure.

during your stay, you were almost always found by his bedside. whenever his jaw would clench or he would start to groan in pain, you would hold his hand tight and begin to sing. you loved that your voice had an effect on the green-haired male, how his face would ease and his body would relax to the sound of your singing.

you sat perched on the side of his bed, one hand cupping his freckled cheek and another holding his scarred hand. you had long since stopped singing, and you knew you only had a few minutes left with midoriya; recovery girl had to get back to yuuei tonight, and that meant you had to go with her, so your days with the freckled boy were over.

"i know you can't hear me, that you're probably asleep, but... but i hope someday, we'll come to meet again," you murmured. you leaned down and placed a small kiss upon his forehead. "recover soon, midoriya izuku."

before you left the room, you took one last glance to the green-haired boy behind you and smiled. then, you flicked off the light and left, recovery girl already waiting for in the lobby.

"good morning, midoriya-san," a nurse greeted as she entered the room. there was a small tray of food in her hands and a bright smile on her lips.