Chapter 3

-RAYLEN-

"Raylen! Rachel!" "Coming!" John Stephen had a college interveiw so my family, the grices(not John Stephen) and the labrants are throwing a going away party for him.

-SAVANNAH-

When we all got to John Stephen's house we all went i the living room wating for John Stephen to get back from his college interview.

We all hid and when he got home we jumped out and yelled surprise. "What is this?" he asked half laughing. "A little going away party." "Awe! You guys are amazing!"

..........

Me and Clay were talking and sitting on the porch swing eating ice cream and John Stephen came outside and sat down next to me.

"Hey guys!" "Hey!" we both said at the same time. "So, I heard about everything, I'm really sorry." "What did you hear about an why are you sorry?"

"The hate." "Oh, that little thing. Yeah, I'm over it." Clay and John Stephen both gave me confused looks. "But just yesterday you were-" I cut him off.

"Wondering how I could get through it, I know. But, I guess, I realized that they hate me because they're jealous that I have what they don't. I mean, I have you, your family, Clay, the LaBrants and my family. And even though they're not here, I'm sure that Kaylee, Jayden, Taytom, Mom and Dad were begging God to help me."

Clay put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "God is good." "All the time." "And all the time," "God is good." we all laughed knowing what that was from(yes i did have to put that in there 'God's Not Dead os thee best movie ever!).

"John Stephen!" someone yelled from inside the house. He walked in the house and Ray and Ray(Raylen and Rachel both of their nicknames are Ray) came out.

"So," "We heard your convo with JS," "Ray!" Raylen said stretching out the y. We all laughed. "Anywho, so, you're over the hate?"

"Yeah!" "I knew you would get over it sometime soon! You're my tough little sister!" "Raylennnnn!" she ALWAYS, calls me her 'little sister.' Even though I am younger, I'm not little! I mean, I'm 14 come on!

"I am younger but I'm 14! I'm not little anymore!" we all laughed. "Well, you'll always be little to me." I scrunched up my nose.

..........

Soon it was time for all of us to leave. "I'll text you later." I hugged Clay. We were about to leave but John Stephen said something.

"I want all y'all to come back around August 8th!" "W-why." Cole stuttered. "Because, that's when I'm leaving." we were all confused.

"B-but, today's the 6th, why are you leaving so soon." "I-I don't know." everyone got really sad and a few tears were shed.

Everyone hugged John Stephen one last time then left. I'm really gonna miss him. He was like another brother, same with Cole.

..........

"Let's go! Hurry up before he leaves!" "Baylor, we're right here, you don't need to yell." I laughed.

We all left to go to John Stephen's house again(not goin' that much into detail but im skippin' to the end).

..........

"I'm gonna miss you to Savannah, stay strong." I cried a little on his shoulder. He let go of me and sighed. "See y'all in 4 years." He got in his truck. He waved through the window smiling.