Kill Me Slowly || Colby

He could only partially believe it. 

Waking up next to Sam was something in his wildest and most loved dreams. And the fact that Sam had even cuddled closer to him made Colby's heart soar. 

And then he'd felt the blood. 

Sam had went to wrap his arm around Colby, mumbling in his sleep. At first, Colby was confused. Why would there be something wet seeping through his shirt? He lifted the covers gently, his heart dropping at the sight of the blood. He could see irritated cuts zig-zagging across Sam's pale wrist. They had been reopened in his sleep sometime during the night. 

Colby threw the covers down in disgust, unable to think of what to do. 

"Colby, what's wrong?" Sam was staring up at Colby, circles under his eyes. 

Colby couldn't answer. He didn't know what to say or do and he was afraid of another argument. But how could Sam lie like this? How could he hurt himself like this and not let Colby help? 

"Colby?" 

"Sam, I need you to tell me what's wrong." Colby's voice was as cold as ice. 

"Colby, it's too early for this, please -" 

"Don't you demand anything of me, Sam." Colby threw the covers back and lurched out of the bed. "Don't you dare demand anything of me after what you've done." 

"Colby, I don't understand." Sam was sitting up now, carefully hiding his cut arm. The sight only made Colby furious. 

"Neither do I, Sam!" The brunette threw his hands up and laughed dryly. "I don't know why you won't talk to me or let me help you! I don't know why you got so wasted drunk! I don't understand why you would hurt yourself instead of letting me help you!" 

Sam's face paled. He moved his arm farther under the blanket, as if he was hoping that Colby would forget if he couldn't see. "Colby, how did you find out?" 

"I felt the blood seep into my fucking shirt when you wrapped your goddamn arm around me!" Sam flinched at the volume of Colby's voice. 

"I'm sorry." Sam hung his head. 

Colby let his arms drop to his sides. He looked around helplessly, his eyes catching on everything that they had shared together. Pictures and trinkets with memories, each as sweet as the last. How could Sam not see how much Colby loved him?

"No, Sam, I'm sorry." Colby shook his head and began walking out. "Apparently I've been too bad of a fucking friend that you resorted to hurting yourself instead of coming to me."

Sam didn't say anything as Colby stormed out of his room. And neither did any of the roommates as they peeked out from behind their doors, watching as the two inseparable friends turned their lives upside down.