Here || Sam

He couldn't figure out why everything hurt. It was as if his entire body had been hit by a truck.

When Sam Golbach finally remembered what had happened in his last waking moments, he really did wish he'd been hit by a truck. It would've been better than having to face everyone who would have bothered to care about him. Not that Sam expected that many people.

"Colby, you need to sleep." Sam listened to the voice of one of his closest friends, Jake Webber. 

Instantly, his body felt lighter. Just knowing that Colby was in the same room as Sam was enough to make him want to live again. But once you delved deeper into the issues between the two boys, that's where things got messy.

"I won't leave him," Colby murmured, "not again." 

Sam's heart fractured a bit at the brokenness in Colby's voice. It was topped with layers of exhaustion and sadness and anger. The minute Sam opened his eyes, he knew Colby would be mad at him. All the roommates would. He had promised this would never happen again, but then again, Sam had never expected to wake up.... 

"Sam?" Colby whispered into the air. Jake must have left and Colby must have thought Sam couldn't really hear him. 

"Sam, I need you to wake up. I need you to be alive." Colby paused, sniffling. "I need to feel you in my arms again. I need to kiss those too pink lips and run my hand through your too soft hair. I need you, Sam Golbach."

Sam felt something inside him squeeze at his best friend's words. 

"And I need you, Colby Brock." 

Sam let the words hang in the air. He opened his eyes to see Colby watching him, frozen to his chair. God, how Sam loved to surprise the brunette boy. 

"Sam!" In an instant Colby had jumped into Sam's bed and enveloped him into a hug. Sam could feel Colby break down and sob into the blonde boy's shoulder. 

Sam chuckled and hugged Colby back, tears beginning to fall down his pale face. "I'm so so sorry, Colby." 

Colby just brought his head up, crushing his lips against Sam's. The feel of Colby kissing him again brought life back into a broken boy, and this time, Sam didn't hesitate. He kissed Colby long and hard, their lips moving in sync. 

Sam's hands curled into Colby's hair, bringing his face as close as possible. Colby's hands had wrapped around Sam's neck and waist, holding the blonde boy close. Neither one seemed to remember they needed to breath and instead, kept their lips locked to one another as if nothing could break them apart. 

Sam had waited for this for years. He had waited for Colby to love him back in a way that didn't make Sam yearn for more. He let his hands run down to Colby's chest and slipped them under his shirt. 

Before Sam could go any lower, a voice rang out, "Aaron, you owe me fifty bucks." 

Colby jumped away from Sam, his face reddening as he looked at each of his roommates. Devyn was holding her hands out as Corey and Aaron both fished in their pockets and handed her money. 

"Um...excuse me?" Sam was looking from Devyn to his two roommates. 

"I bet them fifty bucks each that Colby and you were in love with each other." Devyn smiled. "Girl's have a knack for having a good gaydar." 

Sam knew it was what he was, but he still hated the word. So he made it clear, "Don't call either of us gay. We are in love, not putting on a show where you can label us." 

Devyn's smile got wider before she squealed and ran to Sam. "I missed you, buddy!" 

Sam hugged Devyn tightly, laughing as everyone crowded around to join. "I missed you guys, too."  

The feeling of encroaching darkness had receded. Not enough for Sam to forget about it. He would work on that later...but enough to where Sam could enjoy this moment. He was finally happy. 

When everyone had backed up, Corey was the first to ask, "so, we are really doing this?" 

"Doing what?" Sam watched his roommate glance from him to Colby and back again. For a moment he was scared Corey would judge him. 

"We're really moving forward?" Corey motioned between the boys. "We're really gonna be happy this time?" 

Colby moved closer to Sam and gripped his hand. "Yes. This time I think we can finally be happy." 

Sam nodded, his heart bursting. For once, he believed they could be completely and utterly ok.

=======================

Hey guys!!

This is not the end!!