In The End || Colby

=60 years later=

Colby Brock sat on his front porch, watching two small children climb trees and jump around. The first boy, blonde and blue eyed, had reminded him of a boy he'd known in his youth.

The second, a brunette, reminded him of the friendship he'd had with that boy.

How feeble the old mind is. How it forgets names but never a face. How it forgets dates but never the events.

The name of the blonde boy he had loved so fiercely was always at the tip of his tongue.

"Grandpa, its time to go inside," a small voice said from behind him.

"I used to go out with a boy like that," Colby pointed to the blonde one, "and it was the best days of my life."

"Do you mean Pops?" The small voice, a girl, walked around to face Colby.

"No, his name started with an S...." Colby hated how he couldn't remember.

"Grandpa, Pops name is Sam," the girl giggled, "Do you mean Sam?"

"Yes...." Colby coughed. "Sam."

He watched as the two young boys jumped around, laughing as if the world was anything they had wanted it to be. And he remember, as rare as it was, of how a blonde boy named Sam and he fell in love and changed the world through a thing called XPLR.

****

Short chapter I know!! But it's a good ending to an amazing life these boys will have.

I still have an ongoing story right now under the Riverdale Fandom. Y'all support!!

Also, follow me because I'm coming out with two new Sam and Colby stories.

Love you guys and all the support!!