trois; alex¡

"tj, i honestly could care less if you're suspended as long it doesn't effect me in any way possible." tj's mom said in a normal, quiet voice.

tj nodded and apologized once more. when he went up to his room, he saw amber and cyrus.

"uh, what are you doing in my room?" tj asked

cyrus was going through tj's spotify when he turned around in the desk, hands intertwined with one another, legs crossed, and a mishevious grin on his face

"we've been expecting you!" amber and cyrus both say as amber turns upside down on the bed.

"i hate you guys." tj laughed. he took a seat on his own bed and groaned, flopping backwards

"what's up, t?" cyrus asked as he uncrossed his legs and sat normally again.

"just- i don't know if she'll let me do the thing if im suspended." tj said. he was trying to say that mrs westbrooks wouldn't let him do the study session if he's suspended for a week.

"excuse me?" cyrus blinked at tj and raised an eyebrow

"the- the teacher thing, cy." he said in a hushed voice as he sat up, trying not to get amber involved even though she was sitting there with her mouth opened in confusiom and her eyebrows furrowed.

"ohh, yeah. probably not. but i could do the thing privately for you if you need-"

"oh, god, never say that again!" tj screamed and cyrus threw a pillow at him.

"you just have a dirty mind and that's not my fault!"

amber closed her mouth but continued to watch the two, waiting for an explanation, yet there never was one.

"okay, but yeah, cy. if it's no trouble to you at all."

"no, no, of course not. i have no life outside of dance class anyways and you still want us to be closer so opportunities all around. you have any times and places for this week?" cyrus replied as he took a chip from amber's bag.

"yeah, monday; 3pm at the library, wednesday; after basketball practice at 7pm, and friday after dance practice and basketball practice around 10pm because you were staying the night anyways, right?" tj explained as cyrus wrote it all down on his hand as a reminder

"yeah. but, man, you're busy. just quit basketball, dude. like your mom would even notice. she doesn't do your landry so she would notice your jersey gone, she doesn't come to your games or practices, and you seem to have a problem with your team anyways. so, quit." cyrus replied as amber left, saying she was going to bed.

"i wish it was that easy, underdog. it really isn't though. i haven't told you about alex myself, have i? i know you've probably heard very off rumors but you seem trustable. i've known you as my little sister's best friend for 4 years, i think i could tell you."

"go ahead, im all ears." cyrus said and got comfortable in the chair, expecting a long story and receiving.

"alex, this may shock you, but he was my ex boyfriend. boyfriend used strongly and emphasis on those air quotations. i am not gay, i know im not. but, he manipulated me, cy. he made me think i liked him and then he brought me into this abusive, unhealthy, toxic relationship. he forced me to do these rude and horrible things to kids. even small things to hurt their feelings, like when i stepped on your muffin. but he made me become the rude tj. he made me rebel against the best player on our team, buffy, and i couldn't take it. but when he posted that post saying i came onto him and that i was a fag, i broke up with him. simple as that. but, today when i had jonah pinned up against the wall, i looked back and low and behold; alex smiling that charming yet manipulative smile at me. i felt like a hostage again. i don't know why i brought that up when we were talking about basketball. i just wanted you to know. well, i know why i brought it up. he's the reason its hard to quit." tj sighed. he felt a weight lift off his shoulders when he looked up at cyrus. sympathy.