quatre; polaroids

*unedited for now*
(this part is in tj's perspective because dreams are always in 1st person pov)

!HOMOPHOBIC SLURS!

"tj..we need to talk." alex said as he grabbed my wrist harshly under the table. i nodded confusingly and followed him. once we got into the bathroom, he backhanded me.

"you bitch!" he screamed.

"excuse me?" i said angrily, touching my face

he scoffed and closed his eyes, "this is all bullshit. i never wanted to be with you. couldn't you see that? you're a fag. i don't fuck with fags. but for now, i've seen the way you longily stare at cyrus goodman ever since you got him a muffin. i know he can't get his own. today, i'll make sure he will. step on it."

"alex, he's innocent. he has a bucket list for fuck sake-"

"do i look like i give a fuck? do it, or i'll tell the school you came onto me and that you're fucking cyrus goodman." alex smirked, crossing his arms. why am i like him, again? why was i with him?

it's just a muffin. a muffin couldn't hurt. maybe cyrus' feelings now that we've talked. but he should be okay. i hope he'll be okay. its better than horrid rumors being spread about him, right?

"fine." i sighed. as soon as i turned around to go outside, the door slammed in my face. it didn't hurt. why didn't that hurt?

i was on the ground, shaking a bit. am i having a seizure? what's happening? its so fucking dim.

"tj."

a quiet voice whispered, echoing into the air.

"wHAT"

"tj."

it spoke again, echoing off what i think were walls, causing me to panic

"WHAT?! WHAT?! HELLO?! WHY CAN'T YOU HEAR ME?" i started crying. i couldn't find the source of the voice. i was in a void. alone. unable to move. shaking.

"t. tj, tj. you're having a nightmare. wake up."

tj sat up slowly once his eyes shot open. he looked at the digital clock on his bedside table; 1:14 am. he only slept a couple hours before having a nightmare.

he turned around and caught cyrus' eye.
"you okay, t?"

tj smiled slightly through the hair messily placed his eyes, "yeah, muffin, im good."

"do you want to talk?" cyrus said quietly, trying to remember; he was sleeping, don't wake him too much. he put his hand on tj's that was balancing himself to sit on the bed.

tj's absent mind was panicking but tj was okay. now he was, at least. he looked down at their hands then back at cyrus and shook his head, "we can just go back to sleep, cy."

cyrus nodded when the door opened revealing amber, "cyrus come with me. andi wants you with us." cyrus didn't know how this looked normal to her.