Chapter One: The Second Death

When the first of the ten of us died, we where all only about six or seven years old.  The cause of death was unknown to all but one person.  Granted he wasn't killed by the MOFER's.  When the first death and scare came when I was when I was at home on summer vacation.   There hadn't been a death in about nine or ten years now, maybe because of the his guardian's hiding or they were following there standard Rebellion running procedures.  The day of the second death, I was at a party on a boat in the middle of The Great Lakes with some neighborhood kids.  I had my legs in the water and I was fishing for some fish.  While fishing, I noticed that one of the girls was screaming for some unknown reason.  I look down in the water and feel this sharp pain in my right leg.  I turned and kissed her on her lips, and tolled her "I would love to stay for the rest of this party, but I got to go."  I dove off the side of the boat, and swam to shore.  We were about a mile or more from the shore.  I swam that distance in less then about minuet.  I then sprinted all the way back to my house.  It was a couple minuet drive, I sprinted and got there in about 30 seconds.  I burst through the door and looked franticly for Ryan.  Ryan without a word knew what just happened by the look on my face.  "Pack only what is necessary.  We have to leave now.". Ryan said to me with a look of urgency.  "To risk being captured is too great now.  Come on now hurry up!  We need to go, NOW!". I grab my only thing that stayed with us during our many moves, my fathers wood chest.  The chest was to hold the only chance for our planets survival as well as ours. 

*Author's Notes

If any of you viewers has read the I Am Number Four series, this is sounding a lot like the first book I know.  That is why I need your guy's advice to help me make this book the way you guys want it to be.