Chapter 15

Days turned into months, months turned into years. Gerard felt hopeless, as if without Frank by his side there was no reason to live. Empty, he was a shell of his former self and through the years he would sit perfectly still at Frank's bedside, not moving, not speaking, barely even breathing. His life had become deregulated, each day was the same as the day before and he grew tired of waiting for his love to awaken. He'd never give up on Frank though.

Would you sign the death certificate of the one you loved most? Gerard couldn't bring himself to. Frank was his life, his everything. Everything seemed dismal and grey without Frank's laughter, the constant hum of a guitar or the short man busying himself around the house. Sure, Gerard had Jasey, but in truth he didn't care for a family unless Frank was by his side, raising the child with him. Everything was purposeless.

Three years passed before the thought of giving up on Frank meandered its ugly head into Gerard's warped mind. Every single doctor who came in to Frank's private room had the same decision: pull the plug.

Gerard couldn't bring himself to. Every time a friend or family came and tried to say their goodbyes to the young man who was getting progressively worse, Gerard would scream and start breaking things while he argued that Frank wasn't dead yet. The man was going crazy.

It took months of scheming before Mikey and Ray had came up with a plan, as horrific as it would be, to end Frank and Gerard from the suffering. Others would need that room and Frank was slowly dying, so it would be better off in the long run to get the grotesque process over and done with to cease the suffering of both men.

----

On May 25th, Mikey and Ray stormed into Frank's hospital room and tore Gerard from his seat. The man kicked and screamed but a few deft knots and a blow to the head later, he was still due to the fact he was tied up, unconscious upon the floor. Gerard was carried from the scene by Ray, as Mikey arranged for the machines to be shut down.

Maybe, if they had waited a few more days Frank would have came to. What they didn't know was as they turned the machines off; he'd been gaining his sense of hearing again little by little. Patience is a virtue, Gerard was right to never give up of Frank as that is what love is about, but not everyone can be as faithful. That's the story of how Frank Iero died and sadly, how Gerard became a psychopath. Who know what lay ahead, but for Gerard all he could see was a bleak future with no love left.

--The End--