Tricks (15)

*MariahsPOV*

Days and days passed. My paranoia was getting worse. Soon enough I knew, Gareth would make his move.

Scott tried to calm my nerves when I had nightmares at night, nothing seemed to be working.

It was like I was losing it all over again.

That couldn't happen.

But it was.

Crystal apologized soon enough after the incident. I understood.

But, it seemed to only have pushed the wrong buttons.

I thought I understood, something in me didn't.

Then the dreams,

Nightmare after nightmare. They never stopped.

I sat up in bed, it seemed to be early. Scott moved around a little beside me.

I grabbed my head in my heads and just barely rocked back and forth.

I felt a hand on my back and it made me jump.

"May calm down. I'm right here" He whispered, leaning up beside me.

"It keeps happening" I cried.

"I'm right here... shh" He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest.

I sniffled a little and he leaned back bringing me with him.

I cuddled up on his chest. "I don't understand" I said softly looking up at Scott.

"Understand what?" Our voices were quiet and filled with sleepiness.

He moved of his hands to push a strand of my hair behind my ear and wipe a tear I didn't know was there.

"These dreams, Gareth and these people" I buried my face is his chest making my voice muffled.

*Dream*

I walked around in pure darkness.

Hearing voices linger in the space around me, making it hard to pin point.

Then a light came in to vision. I immediately ran for it.

I'm so stupid, why would I run to some light in the mist of darkness. But, my legs wouldn't stop as of they had a mind of their own.

I got to the light to see Gareth and my sister.

"Crystal!!" I screamed. I tried to run to her, but Gareth held a gun to her head.

"Stop please, kill me not her!!" I yelled. He grinned like a mad man.

He shot me in the leg. It was weird. I didn't feel pain.

Then, it all went in slow motion for me before he shot me in the head.

Yet, it wasn't over. I was looking over them, I could see my body and Gareth still standing there, Crystal in tears and Scott runs in.

He ended it by putting a bullet between Crystals eyes.

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't.

It was like I didn't have a body to control, I was merely a spectator in Gareths game.

Then he went for Scott. I tried to scream, I tried with all my might.