Chapter 10:

Nat's POV:

Things were not getting easier for me, today. Not long before the girls left, my mom got home. I could hear her yelling my name all the way from the living room.

"NATALIA MARIE MILLER!" She yelled after slamming the front door shut.

"Yeah, mother?" I said, bored, flipping through the tv channels.

"Don't 'what mother' me! Your teacher called me today and said you haven't been coming to class. Mind explaining?" I wasn't sure why she even cared. She was never home and never bothered to ask how me and my sister were. You could say, after my dad got his promotion and has been traveling a lot, she got distant.

"I'll go to class tomorrow," I said. Finally finding a channel, I turned the tv up to drown her out. Well, that was before she snatched the remote from my hand and turned the tv off. "I was watching that!"

"I don't care, we are going to talk about this. What has gotten into you, Natalia? Seriously, you haven't acted this immature since you were dating that dumb jock, J, or whatever his name was." She was bringing up a touchy subject now and I was not going to stand for it.

"This has nothing to do with it, mom! I'm going through some things, OKAY? Just back off, you've never cared before, so don't start now. Im fine," I said, getting up from the couch and walking over to the stairs.

"Fine, don't talk to me. Shut me out. But, by the way, you're grounded until further notice."

"Great, I'm leaving now, see ya." With that, I walked upstairs and went towards my room. Shutting the door, I turned on the radio as loud as it would go, drowning out the world around me.

Having nothing else to do, I went to my desk and pulled out all my art supplies, spreading them across the floor. Sitting on the floor, I started painting whatever came to mind, which at this moment was a black and white heart surounded my light and dark shadows. Yeah, my type of art is not the most joyful but it brings joy to me and helps me relax so I will keep on doing it.

I was able to finish it in what I thought was an hour, but ended up being three. Well, I guess its time to go to bed. I slipped my PJ's on and sprawled on my bed, cuddling into the pillow. God, how I wish this was Travis and not a stupid pillow. I need to stop thinking about him but some how I cant seem to bring myself to stop. My phone suddenly vibrated from beside me. I picked it up and looked at the screen, making me depressed. Ugh, I need to go get this fixed and soon. The name that popped up on my screen made me more depressed than the screen itself.

Unread Message from Travis

I was debating if I should open it or delete it. The message could either make my day or ruin it further and I did not like the odds, at the moment. But being the stupid girl I am, I opened the message and read it.

Travis: I know I dont deserve to explain but, please come to my room tomorrow and let me. There is so much I need to tell you. Everything was real, don't even think for a minute that it wasnt. Good night, dear!

My heart shattered into a million different pieces when I finished reading his message. And if a million wasnt enough, I read it over and over again, making it shatter into a billion. I wanted to reply, I really did. But nothing I tried to convince myself of would let me. So I shut my phone off and went to bed, or at least attempted to.

The next morning I felt like I had been drinking for hours. My head hurt and my eyes stung. Lacking sleep could really do something to a girl. Sighing, I got up from bed and went into the bathroom. Looking at the mirror, I shuttered at the horrible expression on my face. I had huge bags under my green, lifeless eyes. My hair was flat for the first time ever and my lips were pale. So, this is what lack of sleep and heart break feels like. Its a load of shit.