seven - finally

[holy fucking SHIT dude. I fell asleep with almost 700. woke up with ONE THOUSAND. that's literally nuts. I've never had a book grow that fast. here's a photo of me above!! enjoy the update ig]

the next two days until the rest of the group showed up weren't exactly eventful. we had spent it at kwites place (this bitch had an entire pool,) recording for our channels, and hanging out/catching up.

"I'm a pure child of GOD." brandon yelled as him and kwite both downed some shots. aksel had finally ubered over here, and now we were just waiting for alex.

I was probably the most nervous to meet alex. me and him had been talking a lot recently but I was scared he wouldn't like me in person. I laughed at ani vlogging brandon being grossed out at beer, and she turned off the camera. "alex just texted me. five minutes till he's here." aksel said. seeing aksel was so good because he was generally an amazing person to be around; aksel felt like an older brother to me.

brandon sat next to me on the couch and pulled an arm around me as I smiled. the last time we met up in person was last summer with ani & henry, and a lot of shit happened. but there was no awkwardness this time.

I still had to make up my mind about how I felt. but I need to promise myself first I can't let anything get in the way of my career and my own happiness. I totally shut out brandon last time.

I look up to brandon and smile. then there's a knock on the door.

kwite runs over as the rest of us frantically try to hide aksel. I push him behind the kitchen island as the doorbell rings twice.

ani runs over to the door and opens it, and I peak out to see her engulf alex into a hug. he sees me, brandon & kwite and I can't help but run up to him and hug the fuck out of him. he hugs me too, and we stand there I'm a tight hug. "YOU'RE SO FUCKING SMALL." I say. he isn't smaller than me in height, but both my arms can fit around him loosely.

"YOU'RE LIKE 5'0 TALL ASSHOLE." he yells back at me. I'm very aware of ani vlogging it. I pull back, smiling.

"oh, we have a surprise for you alex." kwite says, as aksel gives himself away by standing up and wheeze coughing.

"you guys folded me like a goddamn lawn chair, I couldn't breathe." he says. alex throws both of his hands over his mouth.

you don't know true happiness until you see a scrawny 18 year old do a running jump and launch himself over a kitchen island in pursuit of tackling aksel. and realizing ani got it all on tape. "fucking GAY." brandon yelled. I was pretty sure at least one of them was crying. it was cute as fuck.

aksel lifted alex up bridal style, and alex started wildly laughing. "do you have enough content yet ani because I kinda wanna set off those fireworks."

"fireworks?" alex says, getting dropped onto the linoleum floor. everyone runs outside but me and him, and I walk up to him, helping him up.

"how was your flight duck boy?"

"awful. I got stuck next to four teenage girls yelling about meeting tana mongeau and a crying baby."

"karma." I take his hand, as we walk out kwite's back door to set off the sparklers we set up in his yard. he smiles at me.

I get this feeling inside my chest that feels like something growing in me as we walk outside to all our friends screaming and ani chasing brandon with a bottle of mountain dew. when I look up at alex I don't see one of ani's annoying discord internet friends anymore. I just see... alex.

ew. gross.

---

we all watch the tiny fireworks go off and scream, probably disrupting kwite's neighbors, and drink six packs of beer aksel took the responsibility of distributing (other than brandon, because beer makes him gag, as we learned from him puking repeatedly earlier.) this led to brandon getting shitfaced, because he didn't wanna be left out, so he had tequila.

me and alex fell in the grass before ani came up from behind alex & dumped an entire 2 litre of mountain dew over his head. "ANI WHAT THE FUCK," he yelled. "now I gotta take a goddamn bath."

"what?" I say, confused. before I know what's happening alex grabs me and throws both of us into the pool. "oh my god, alex I will KILL YOU." he bobs up from the water, swimming away. the peace is disrupted once again by brandon, ani, kwite & aksel following our example.