eleven - the decision

next chapter is gonna be sAuCiEr promise -jd

chloe pov

okay, alex likes me. alright. not a huge deal. now i just have to pick between brandon, my best friend, and alex, who just confessed his feelings for me. the difference between both of them is that brandon always asserts that he wants me. and a lot of the time can’t tell i need time. alex just flat out told me it was fine to wait.

if brandon becomes an r/niceguy if i reject him i think i’ll commit lifen’t.

I walk back to the others with alex, and they all look confused. probably partially because the last time i spoke to alex i screamed at him that he ruined my life and my one pride and joy. which is semi true but that’s besides the point. the point is that i really don’t wanna hurt brandon.

but when i look up at alex next to me stealing one of my fries, i know i feel a way about him i don’t feel about brandon. call it cliche all you want but when i see him i start noticing things i never did before when he was just one of ani’s annoying loud e-boys. “you good?” ani says.

“ani, can i talk to you?” i say, as she nods.

“alright everyone,” ani shouts, clapping her hands together to gain the group's attention. alex was the only one not snarfing up junk food. brandon was currently staring him down extremely. “lunch break, we meet back here around 5. deal?” everyone nods as alex cautiously sits down next to aksel.

we walk away from the group, and i run a hand through my hair thoughtlessly. the other is shoveling fries into my mouth, and ani holds my smoothie. “ani, i like alex. i thought i really liked brandon but i thought wrong. brandon & me… we’re just friends. and i don’t wanna hurt him but he just needs to realize im not into him.”

“whoa, what? what made you suddenly like alex?”

“it wasn’t sudden at all. ani, i dont have to keep my guard up around him, i don’t have to be scared of him, it isn’t awkward-- you know how i shut out brandon. i don’t have to do that with him. it’s not awkward with brandon either it’s just, different.”

“be careful with him, okay?” ani said, taking my hand. “don’t forget he’s why everyone has seen your face. be careful. but also… alex has been my friend for a while. and he really got put through the ringer with katelynne.”

“I know.” I say. “I got put through the ringer too with… you know who.”

“think about it and try to tell him at the light show tonight, okay? we have a week left. It’ll go by fast & you shouldn’t spent it regretting what you did or didn’t do.”

“wow, if only you could talk like that when reading off of reddit.” i say.

“I swear to god chloe i will fuck you UP-”