fourteen - go on

6.66k teehee

alex pov

the last 3 days of vidcon have easily been the best time of my life. not only did I meet fuckloads of fans, which is... literally the coolest & weirdest thing ever in itself, but I got to spend so much quality time with my friends. I was pretty sure brandon was gonna fuck me up the entire time but other than that it's been great. I've learned to never give chloe the aux cord unless I want the weirdest scream core shit blasting so loud I can hear it in afghanistan, but you gotta compromise in a relationship, yknow?

I learned aksel screams in his sleep. I've fell asleep on the phone with him multiple times and I guess I never noticed. it's unnerving and weird. 

I've learned every time I touch chloe at vidcon and fans of us are nearby around 600 photos end up on Instagram that night. I've learned that leaving my friends tomorrow is literally gonna be the most difficult thing I've ever done. & that leaving chloe is gonna kill me. currently we were all on the way to the beach to spend our last day together. 

we all get out of the cars, conveniently getting some of the only parking spots left next to eachother. theres a different air surrounding everyone. it's like we all know life is just gonna go back to normal after this and we wont just be normal friends who go and do real stuff together. 

"screen me," chloe tosses a can of sunscreen to me. 

"your ginger ass is really gonna use this entire bottle huh."

"yeah, i'm gonna be a massive inconvenience, and I'm gonna enjoy it." she smiled at me, as I end up using around 3/4ths the bottle. we grab the rest of the shit & look out at the ocean. I take her hand and squeeze it. 

----------

"alex, I need to talk to you." brandon says from behind me and kwite. we're building a really shitty sandcastle to impress ani. chloe & henry are somewhere in the ocean. god knows where pyro and hyojin disappeared to. 

I get up from the sand & turn around. "yeah man, what's up?"

"can we go somewhere else?"

me & brandon walk off. it's awkward. like, extremely awkward. i'm not alone with brandon much. he's the extrovert friend that's friends with everyone. I never really made a personal connection with him that wasn't in a group. "what'd you want me for?"

"I care about chloe, alex. a lot. she's probably my best friend for reasons I can't get into and she's there for me, not on a surface level. and as much as I disagree with her choice," he looks off. "I respect it. you're not a bad dude. but let me make something clear to you." his voice went low. "if you ever hurt my best friend i'll beat your ass into peru. got it?"

"yeah." I say, all the tension in my chest releasing. "I give you permission to. I never wanna hurt her." 

"good." he smiled. "I want her happy. sorry I acted like a giant wad of fuck."

"great." I nod. "now can we quit being sentimental? it's not a great look on you."

"oh shut up you fucking dickface I swear to god-"

-------------

the sun was starting to go down & it was getting dark fast. we were all in the sand, someone started a fire, & the ocean was starting to grow calm. this was honestly the closest I had ever felt to the teenage cliché they tell you about as a kid. but like, weirder. the bitch I hate became my girlfriend. her best friend became the bitch she hated. all of us were finally just here, together. and brandon for the love of fuck had finally stopped being a niceguy. things were kind of perfect. it almost made me forget I had to leave chloe indefinitely tomorrow. 

"so when does this stop being real?" chloe looked up at me. I give her a confused look.

"what?"

"when I go back to new york, finish highschool, go to college..." she started quietly. "and when you go back home & leave america again... what happens?"

"chloe, I was in an online relationship with your ex best friend for almost a year. I think we can make it work."

"I don't know if we can." she said.

I sit up, then scoot to face her direction. "you mean a lot to me. and quite frankly you make me the happiest I've been in a long time. I promise you I will find a way yo make this work for us."

"I believe you." she gets closer to me and I pull an arm around her. I don't think she notices ani whip out her camera and vlog us.

----

#DISCORDUNBANQUACKITY

I wrote the parts with him on discord in 2019 before I knew. I don't even use discord but the whole situation is bonkers