epilogue - now press repeat

how do you write happy endings-

chloe pov: june 2020

the choice to move back to america was hard to finally make, but I knew I couldn't stay in estonia any longer, especially without aksel. he had moved to california around two months ago; and my parents respected my decision that schooling here just wasn't working out for me. you know where it would work out for me though? an hour away from duck guy. 

he had just surpassed 2 million on youtube, and my channel had been inactive for a while, and I hit 1mil in december. but I was planning something pretty great that everyone would just have to wait on. my mental health for the last couple months was more important than uploading frequently, and honestly, youtube isn't a stable career. I wasn't meant to work a normal job by far but sometimes shit just has to happen. best of both worlds. also, I just miss my friends. everything about my living situation here is just massively inconvenient. how long did I think living in assfuck nowhere would work anyway. 

out of all my 15 hour plane rides, this one sticks the most out in my mind just because it was leading up to something incredible. a new start. I'm 20, it's time I start grabbing control of my life. I was going back to america, but even so it was in a new state and totally new surroundings. 

and getting out of the plane and seeing alex was different this time. because when I saw him in his stupid fucking beanie standing there waiting for me, I knew I wouldn't have to say goodbye. that what we had was real and it was here to stay. 

I didn't even launch myself at him because I knew we had time. I had the time to sprint up to him and he had the time to look at me and grab my arms and take my face in his hands. and sorry for all the gay shit details but in that moment it was just the realest it had ever been. I could say one of us said a swift line and we ran off into the sunset but that would be hardly true. neither of us said anything as I hugged him harder than I think I ever have. 

I think we both knew our future would have ups and downs that it didn't have online; and that nothing could stay perfect forever. but right now things were pretty damn good.

and I just knew it'd work; that we would push through it like we always had. we had to make it work. 

-------------

the end :)

that shit hurted but like. the story arch was finished. theres nowhere else the fic could go

thank y'all for everything. ❤