twenty six - you & i

1½ months later

"I never want kids, I want youtube to stay my career forever, and one time I finished The Originals with no sleep in like, three days." I say, as me and alex walk towards the terminal. "also, I hate flying because my dad and me watched final destination when i was like, six, and that shit got me fucked up."

we were quickly packing in any conversation we could before my flight to estonia with aksel. me & him were taking the same plane there, as well as my parents. I made my decision.

"i never wanna be married, to be honest I don't think about having kids, and I'd rather die than binge watch a vampire show." he says, as aksel meets us. I had already said my goodbyes to the others.

"right when we're in the same country we get seperated again, huh." he says, smiling. this was really bittersweet. I had just had a summer packed with amusement parks, getting drunk, time with alex, trips to the ocean, & the last half kate free.

"i love you alex." I say, holding back tears. god I fucking hate saying goodbye. its the same heartache over and over again. but even further away.

he takes both my hands and kisses me. aksel dissapears off somewhere, probably to give us time. "thank you for making this year the best of my life." he says quietly. "being away from you is really, really gonna suck ass."

I hug him tightly. he was right. being away from him, now more than ever, is gonna suck royally.

--------------

I plug my earbuds into my phone, checking my subscriptions feed as I see an upload from ani. that's weird. its not with her uploading schedule. then I see the title.

SUMMER VLOG

I smile, tapping it. the opening is the video of us all meeting at the airport. the full vlog is 16 minutes long.

footage from my graduation. footage of the concert I dragged them to that only me and diesel really enjoyed. us setting off fireworks on the fourth of july. kwite and me running through a field in the dark with flashlights escaping the fireworks going off overhead, shitfaced drunk. a video brandon took of aksel and me singing selena gomez in a kareoke bar. kwite and diesel falling asleep spooning. and many other equally amazing memories.

it ends with the video of us all saying goodbye, two days ago. she must've edited it in last minute. and ani zooming in on me and aksel getting into the cab to my place, her whispering "have fun in estonia."

I put on my music, looking out at the window, hoping leaving wasn't a mistake.