twenty one - not again

chloe pov

"diesel if you play sicko mode one more time i will slap you." i run up to the rest of the group as we all end up in a circle on the floor. everyone had enough drinks to get us a little tipsy. maybe not diesel spinning around on the floor wasted, but enough. i lean on alex as he tips the last of his drink into his mouth. 

"so, chloe, i never asked... when did that happen?" kate gestures at me and him. i see alex glare a hole into her.

"near the beginning of the year. and... that?" i say. kappa looks awkward but he always looks awkward so... nothing new.

"last month. hey, they know, right?"

know what? what of the copious things you could spill right now? i feel alex squeeze my shoulder but my nerves are still haywire. "well, my friends know everything about me, so I'm guessing yeah."

i furrow my eyebrows. god i don't wanna be here. i thought i could take being around kappa because everything that happened there ended on good terms. i thought i could be civil with kate.

"because they have a right to know about why you're acting so weird about me dating kappa."

"I'm gonna, uh, take a shit." kappa dips out. i roll my eyes but my heart is beating out of my chest. i don't want her here.

"why don't you tell them chloe?" she said, tipping her head and squinting at me. "huh?"

"why don't you?" i stand up, looking back at her. "why doesn't your pathetic ass tell them about how i was a druggie, or how i was a fucking slut, or whatever else you wanna say about me? do it. no balls." i stand up, walking out the door and down to a bench in the hotel.

-----------------

"what in the hell was that?" alex found me, blank faced, sitting at a bench. i had moved to one outside to get some air.

"the truth." i shrug my shoulders, not looking at him. "i told you about my first ex. not about kappa. i told you about my first ex liking drugs. not about me."

"how did none of this ever come up?"

"i don't like talking about meeting kappa online and what we did, and i sure as fuck don't like talking about junior year and everything it put me through."

"okay." he said. i had already texted aksel. he was the only one sober so he was gonna drive me home. "okay. bye chloe." he went back up.