Nightmares

"Yeah, thank you," Max took the key to their room in the motel from the receptionist, Chloe not far behind. It had been a couple of days since Max and Chloe had run into Sean and Daniel, they had decided to squeeze into a motel for the night on their road trip to Puerto Lobos after the long day that they had just had.

She walked up the stairs, her shoulder height hair swaying in the breeze as she did, up the stairs and into her room with Chloe. "Ooh, I bagsie this one!" she jumped onto it and claimed it as her own for the night.

"Just because it's opposite the TV?" Max shook her head when she suddenly felt an awful pain in her head, causing her to lunge backwards and her hands swiftly found her head as she held it, feeling as if it were about to explode.

When she opened her eyes again, she was stood watching the ocean, raging clouds above her and waves violently crashing against the shore. She stood, glued to the spot in the middle of an isolated town at the edge of it, houses and shops lined behind her.

She could feel the harsh winds, spitting rain and the world coming for revenge.

'Oh no! Not again!' She frantically looked around, Chloe and the boys nowhere to be seen. 'Another nightmare? Oh god, this can't be good.'

As she looked out at the sea, she noticed something coming, as it got closer she realised that it was, in fact, an immense tsunami, its speed picking up as it neared the town, it was so large that it could swallow it whole and destroy it with one swoop, devouring it and plunging it into darkness.

Before she could even react, she could feel water droplets crashing all around her, the liquid violently pattering on her cheeks as she stuck out her right-hand instinctively and found herself waking up once again, in Chloe's arms.

"Max? Are you there?" She could faintly hear before shooting up, nearly hitting her best friend in the chin with her head.

"Oh, Chloe! It's happening again!" She panicked, shaking her head with sorrow and anger.

"What? What's happening again? Is it the tornado?" She held Max's shivering hands.

"This time I'm in a small seaside village and there's this huge tsunami that could destroy the entire place!" She cried, remembering what happened last time she tried to stop the storm from happening.

Chloe sighed deeply and hugged a tearful Max as they sat together, hoping that the day would never come when wherever they were, death and destruction would follow them.

"What do we do?" Max wiped tears from her eyes as she spoke.

"We have to stop it. With Daniel on our team, there's no way it'll happen. You can use your powers together and stop this! We'll do it, all together," Chloe assured her, Max let out a small smile at Chloe's support, having her constantly guiding her was the most important thing in her life, what would life be like without her? She didn't even want to think about it.

"I hope you're right, Chloe," Max replied, feeling better after hearing what Chloe had to say, it made sense after all.

A knock came from the door, Chloe hopped off of the bed, swinging her arms backwards and forwards on her way to the door, she opened it and looked down at Daniel.

"Hey, little dude," Chloe smiled upon seeing him.

"Hi, Chloe. Can I talk to Max?" He asked, looking up at her with his big, brown eyes.

"Uh, sure," she said, moving from the doorway. "Max, you have a visitor!" She yelled as a sleepy Max walked towards the door.

The two had been discussing their powers, sat in the bedroom while Sean watched TV and Chloe went for a smoke outside.