Glass Walls

After another hour, they met up at the bench, sat eating some snacks that they had bought from one of the markets that had fresh cookies on sale.

"Today has been so fun!" Daniel could barely say, scoffing his chocolate chip cookie.

"Yeah, it's been nice to actually get out and do something fun," Sean smiled down at his brother next to him. He then turned around and watched as a purple-haired girl played the guitar behind him, she looked so at peace with the world as she played, singing along to the tune.

Max looked beyond Sean to see what had caught his eye as she, too became mesmerised by the singing, guitar-playing girl who sat in a large light brown coat. Her eyes looked up and met Sean's for a split-second, causing him to turn back to the group.

"Wow, she's really good," he commented.

"Yeah, maybe we should give her some spare change?" Max suggested.

"Wow, she's hot..." Chloe remarked, ignoring everyone else's comments.

"That, too," Sean admitted.

Just then, a boy slightly taller than her arrived, he had brown medium-length dreadlocks and a darker brown coat, she stopped her song to talk to him as his dog sat down at her feet.

"Chloe, have you got any change?" Max asked her, in a whispered tone.

"Uh, yeah, sure," she shook her head slightly as if to come out of her awe-filled trance. She then placed two dollars on the table.

Max collected it and walked over to the guitarist, her walking pace visibly unsure and slightly awkward, too. Chloe couldn't help but smile.

She approached as the girl finished up her song, placing two dollars in her little donation container.

"Aww, thank you, that's real nice," she smiled up at Max.

Sean followed her along with Chloe and Daniel shortly afterwards.

"Your voice is so cool, and I hope my guitar skills can be as good as yours some day," Max complimented her.

"Yeah, you could be on one of those talent shows," Sean added on.

"Oh, stop it, you guys are makin' me blush! Y'all are real nice. You play guitar, too?" She asked, her cheeks going slightly pink as she spoke.

Max nodded, stepping back slightly. "Yeah, but I'm definitely not as good as that."

"It takes time my friend. I'm Cassidy."

"I'm Max," she smiled.

"And I'm Chloe, Max's partner in crime," she butted in.

"Hi, there," Cassidy waved at her and the rest that had come to join them.

The boy then joined in, too. "And my name is Finn, nice to meet y'all," he said, looking directly at Sean who looked somewhat embarrassed for a split second.

"Where are you guys headed?" Cassidy asked them, setting her guitar down in the snow next to her, a satisfying crunch could be heard as she did.

Max looked at Chloe, unsure of where they would go next.

"Uh, we were thinking of just going on that way," she pointed down the road.

"You guys travel a lot?" Finn asked.

Sean looked around suddenly, the talking turning into muffled speech as he frantically looked around for Daniel.

"Daniel?" he asked quietly as if it were supposed to be an internal thought.