Chapter 2 ~ And Then There Was 7 *EDITED*

The Ransom

Chapter 2

Matrix lowered it onto my arm, my blood splattered. I felt him cut down to my bone. I looked at Harry. His eyes were filled with tears and I knew he wanted to save me, but he couldn't. He knew he couldn't.

I tried to hold back the shrieks that wanted to escape me, but I just couldn't. The tears that brimmed my eyes were threatening to spill over, but I couldn't let that happen.

"I think she's had enough..." I heard Nathan say with a smug look on his face. I looked down at my arm and felt faint.

"I... Please, one more time! For good luck, eh?" Matrix said. Nathan looked at me and nodded. Matrix cheered.

He put the blade back to my arm, but in a different place this time. It was higher up on my arm, closer to my shoulder. I couldn't help it - I shrieked, although it was muffled and the tears spilled onto my face. I saw Harry flinch back. I looked at Harry. I tried to manage a weak smile, not listening to Matrix and Nathan.

"Think we should put them in the ice box for a while?" Nathan asked Matrix. He nodded and they unstrapped me.

"I hope you like the cold," Nathan said and walked over to a door that was leading off of this torture chamber. "We'll let you keep your clothes, for now..." Nathan said and threw me in the box. It was freezing cold. I heard them untie Harry too, and they threw him in. "Take your duct tape and gags out. We'll let you talk," he said and slammed the door.

I ripped the duct tape off, not bothering if it hurt my face. The gag was easiest to take off and it didn't hurt nearly as much as the duct tape did. Harry did the same.

"I can't believe them!" Harry shouted. He looked at my arm and looked at his shirt.

"No, Harry!" I told him. He was going to wrap his shirt - not just a piece of it - around my arm. I'd rather keep the wound open than him freezing to death.

"Why now? I have nothing else to live for anyways..." he mumbled.

"Yes, you do! You have your whole life ahead of you!" I told him.

"Right, that is if I make if out of here... alive." He mumbled the last word. I sighed and scooted closer to him.

"We're going to make it out alive, Harry." I told him and pecked his cheek.

"I hope so.." he mumbled. I nodded at him.

"We will... God it's cold in here," I said. Ice hung from the ceiling. My wound bleeding out, I could feel myself losing blood. Getting weaker. My head spun and I started to close my eyes.

"That's it..." Harry mumbled and took his shirt off, wrapping it around my arm. I looked down after he did, blood froze to the floor and I gasped at the amount of it before passing out.

Harry's P. O. V.

"You see, if she passes out, she could die of hypothermia. I just want to see how far you would go for her, putting your own life on the line to save her, and as you can see, she's already turning blue from the cold. Soon it will be purple and then a dark purple and then dead, are you willing to risk that chance Harry?" Nathan asked from above me.

"I don't want to risk her life! I'd rather mine! Why are you doing this, Nathan?" I questioned him. No answer came. "Well?"

"I want my sister to actually be loved by someone... before..." he trailed off. I sighed and looked over at Demi. I shifted her onto my lap, off the icy floor. She still had a pulse, which was awesome.

"Before?" I asked.

I could practically hear the smirk in his voice, "Before I kill her best friend." he stated and I looked at Demi. I sighed and played with Demi's hair. I laid her on the cold hard ground and tangled myself with her.